McCain Ad Against Obama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• McCain Ad Against Obama

John Mc Cain's campaign made an ad attacking Barack Obama and comparing him to celebrities like Britney Spears and Paris Hilton. Do you think that his is helping or hurting Mc Cain in the race?

Here's the video on YouTube.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Eh. To the people he's pandering to, it's probably absolute genius. But then, these are the people who like to listen to Sean Hannity railing against Obama because "we don't know anything about him", rather than taking things into their own hands and researching for themselves.
    To most normal people, it rates a shrug and and eyeroll, because heaven help us that someone who's popular be a leader. It makes about as much sense as charges levelled that Obama spends too much time in the gym or eats too healthy. Heaven forbid we should have a healthy candidate.
    And then there's the whackjobs on the far left who are labelling it as racist, but then those are the types of people who look for racism under every rock.

Comment

One thing I learned about mudslinging is that some always sticks to the person throwing it. The critical style of American campaigning is very different to what we get over here, or at least what we used to get - I've not watched a political broadcast over here for some years. Ours never used to be personal on that level.

Another thing I learned is that it's addictive.

Rapscallion
      Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
      Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

I find mudslinging hilarious and amusing. It's the biggest, most obvious load of crap ever. Half the stuff they say just sounds so ridiculous. One thing that gets to me is all these Republicans that keep mentioning that Obama has the name Hussein in his full name. And...that means what? Oh, that's right, nothing! Or other stupid phrases like "The only difference between Obama and Osama is a lil bit of bs." It's not that witty. Obama and Osama are nothing like a like. You have to be of negative IQ to actually think they have something to do with each other because their names are one letter off. Morons...
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

http://www.allvoices.com/image/15431212

this is all I have to say on the matter.

Comment

You also have to consider how absurd the charge is since the Republican Holy Grail of presidents is Reagan. A former movie star.
            The irony is pretty delicious.

Comment

actually what I find amusing is that McCain will not openly discuss his religion, while Obama announces it every chance he gets. When Republicans say anything about religion you get eyerolls and "here we go again" but now that it's a Democrat we get to hear "how refreshing it is for a candidate to embrace his religion"

I hate hypocrisy.
              Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

The Democrats have smartened up. There's a huge evangelical voter base out there, and finally the Dems aren't ignoring them. This is what will win it for them. They only need to peel off a few of these Christians and those swing states are theirs.

It's a shame, but it's how it is. I don't think religion has any place in government or politics whatsoever, so I'm about as appalled by Obama's discussion of it as I would be by any Republican's. But I understand it's America, and flapping one's gums about Jesus plays to the masses.

Comment

Desperate these days, isn't he.
                  ~ The American way is to barge in with a bunch of weapons, kill indiscriminately, and satisfy the pure blood lust for revenge. All in the name of Freedom, Apple Pie, and Jesus. - AdminAssistant ~

Comment

It doesn't matter what they say about each other. I am still going to vote for (insert name here) anyway.

Comment

At first I thought they only had the one ad that TG showed with Paris and Britney; but now there's another!

Looks like the "celebrity" gimmick is here to stay; even with all the protests from people like Paris Hilton's mom. Who gave money to John McCain. November can't come soon enough....

Comment

Originally posted by powerboy View Post
                        It doesn't matter what they say about each other. I am still going to vote for Nader anyway.
                        Really?

Sorry, couldn't help it
                        "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
                        A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

All this "Obama is just a celebrity" propoganda is making me want to make an anti-McCain ad that goes like this:

War Veteran? Yes. Older and wiser? Yes. More experienced? Yes......but can he live out an entire presidential term? No......

Vote for the one who won't kick the bucket after hearing the news.......

Comment

Honestly, at this point, most people have probably decided who they are going to vote for. The biggest unknown now is McCain's running mate (please NOT Huckabee. Please?) Because, as has been stated so often, the guy's kinda old. It is possible (but sad) that if elected, McCain might not make it to the end of his term. So he's got to pick a VP equally capable of running the country, should the unfortunate happen.

But..to the ad, so they're saying Obama is a handsome, likeable guy constantly in the eyes of the press? Which makes him a celebrity. But JFK (also handsome and likeable) is largely considered one of the greatest Presidents of all time.

hmmmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                              But..to the ad, so they're saying Obama is a handsome, likeable guy constantly in the eyes of the press? Which makes him a celebrity. But JFK (also handsome and likeable) is largely considered one of the greatest Presidents of all time.

hmmmmmm
                              Haha. Yes, how DARE the leader of the free world be articulate and likeable???!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X