Let the thickly veiled propaganda videos begin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let the thickly veiled propaganda videos begin

The video I am linking lays blame for things like blind conformity, valuing the goals of your leaders over your own, and various other behaviors that humans have been displaying with regularity as far back as history is recorded. One it ignores that schools have existed in USA since before it was even a country.

It also paints history teachers as "just following the book" usually a method favored by sports coaches who teach classes to pay bills in the off season. Most actual teachers are there to teach the why. The history book doesn't cover the why because it would still just look like name and dates no matter how far back the history book goes.

It is the responsibility of the teacher to teach the why to kids. Also if school's goal is to indoctrinate kids so that they will never question never wonder why things are the way they are then it has failed miserably.

Most school students would not and will not volunteer to go fight in a war. Drafts only worked because the choices were exile, survive fighting the other side, or be killed by your own side for refusing to fight.

As far as this video goes it is propaganda intended to make you "think for yourself" and vote for Ron Paul. It wants to guide you to a way of thinking that ignores the economic components of Hitler taking power and focus on the why people listened.

People listened because throughout history conformity meant survival and picking a leader and following him/her was the best chance of survival in a world that didn't care about you.

I theorize the video is trying to make people want to vote for a man who claims individual rights are of utmost importance as long as they don't violate his moral beliefs.

Not the Constitution but his moral beliefs. He believes Abortion is wrong and fine he is welcome to that belief and more power to him he should vote that way.

That being said telling a state that they cannot violate the constitution and pass laws telling an individual what they can and cannot do with their own body is what Roe V Wade accomplished.

Most people that went to school were conformist not because that is what the teachers were encouraging but because that was what our peers were encouraging. So watch the video and notice how it's all carefully trying to draw a parallel between Hitler's rise to power while ignoring the social, economic, and even legal principles that allowed him to seize power that currently don't exist here in that we have many checks and balances.

Note that gutting the Federal Governments ability to check what States can and cannot do in regard to individuals leads to your state being able to apply the overall morals of the state to you regardless of what you believe.

In the end if you look at everything and decide to vote for whoever you decide to vote for you should do so not because some video underhandedly made you feel that way but because you looked at the words the Candidates say and how those could affect your way of life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okPnD...&feature=share
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

That makes me want to stab the author of the video. Repeatedly. the amount of rage that I have right now....
    Who the fuck do people like that think they are? most teachers SUFFER to make sure that kids get the best possible education despite budget cutbacks, having to supply their own materials, unresponsive parents (or better yet, parents who blame the failure of their little snowflake on the teacher, not the fact that they have ZERO presence in the educational process, such as making sure that homework is done, rewarding positive grades, attending parent/teacher conferences, etc)

I'll be in the corner ragefesting on the wall....

Comment

There's... Something to this video. Just... Something. He has... I think about one thing right.

The school system, as we have it now, is kinda fucked. It does teach following instructions over individual thinking. I don't like that. It's... Not good. So. That's a point.

The rest of it is, well... Propaganda. It's the worst type, too. Because it takes two facts (School system is fucked, Nazis are dicks) and defines the argument as "These two are tied together." It tries to make it so that you can only either it's right, or those two things are wrong.
      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
        Note that gutting the Federal Governments ability to check what States can and cannot do in regard to individuals leads to your state being able to apply the overall morals of the state to you regardless of what you believe.
        Didn't we fight a huge war about that?
        I seem to remember from my history classes certain states leaving the union because they didn't want the federal government telling them they couldn't own people....learn from history or be doomed to repeat it.

Hitler's rise to power was a combination of socioeconomic factors, luck, charisma, hiding agendas, and outright lies to the public. The odds of those circumstances EVER occurring again at the same time are astronomical.

Plus population has a hand in it-
        German population in 1939=80,600,00
        males ages 15-34=36,643,952
        german military numbers=8,944,000
        25% of the male population was in the military in 1939
        (source)

compare that to the US today
        Us population=312,780,968
        males age 15-64(can't find further breakdown)=104,411,352
        military numbers(active and reserve)=2,315,958
        less than 2% of the male population in the military
        (source1, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_...n_each_service)
        Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Working...
        X