crippling our military

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
    It would certainly strike terror in the hearts of the enemy.

Scares me.

Rapscallion
    "Sir. Uh. It seems the...US sub is....ejaculating...."

"...Call up whoeves in charge now. Tell them to give in to whatever trade agreements they want. I'm not going up against any country that can make a sub cum."

Comment

With the Royal Canadian Navy none of our ships are named after people ( Good way to avoid politics -.- ). Destroyers are named after First Nations, frigates after capital cities and patrol boats after non-capital cities and towns. Auxillary and tenders are named after various Canadian wildlife. ( Don't fark with the HMCS Moose ).

Though we are building a new arctic fleet to extend our rather polite plans for world domination. ;p

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
        Though we are building a new arctic fleet to extend our rather polite plans for world domination. ;p
        Naw, we're building the Arctic fleet to tell the countries who have been eyeing our waters as a great place to plant their oil rigs to FRACK OFF!

Comment

Originally posted by Duelist925 View Post
          "Sir. Uh. It seems the...US sub is....ejaculating...."

"...Call up whoeves in charge now. Tell them to give in to whatever trade agreements they want. I'm not going up against any country that can make a sub cum."
          half-hearted apologies for posting this, but somebody has to:

Why would that be difficult? Submarines have always been full of seamen.
          "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
            half-hearted apologies for posting this, but somebody has to:

Why would that be difficult? Submarines have always been full of seamen.
            Hey, the oceans a cold place.

Though it never seems to stop them being long and hard....

Comment

last night I was reading an article in Aviation Week about how the number of counterfeit components in repairs is creeping up. Many of these come from China because our manufacturers either don't make them any more or there's gold in selling to the defense department. Apparently they've found these parts in many different systems and its pretty widespread. But that isn't nearly as sexy as ship deployments since if anything it's more of an idictment of the "job creators" than anything.

Comment

There are a lot of methods and reasons for counterfeit components to get into the supply chain.

I happen to work for a company that holds surplus stock, much of it procured from the government or from franchised distributors clearing old stock, so this is actually a topic that's important to me. We're one of the companies the government and aerospace companies go to when they're looking for obsolete parts or short stock that they need right now as opposed to waiting for a manufacturer to produce a run.

Part of the problem stems from the fact that companies are only going to produce parts for a finite amount of time. And then there's this gap between when the parts stop getting made and fall out of patent (?), which is yet another glaring fault in our rights systems.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                  There are a lot of methods and reasons for counterfeit components to get into the supply chain.

I happen to work for a company that holds surplus stock, much of it procured from the government or from franchised distributors clearing old stock, so this is actually a topic that's important to me. We're one of the companies the government and aerospace companies go to when they're looking for obsolete parts or short stock that they need right now as opposed to waiting for a manufacturer to produce a run.

Part of the problem stems from the fact that companies are only going to produce parts for a finite amount of time. And then there's this gap between when the parts stop getting made and fall out of patent (?), which is yet another glaring fault in our rights systems.

^-.-^
                  That sounds pretty cool actually...hwat you do...not the rest of it.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                    Naw, we're building the Arctic fleet to tell the countries who have been eyeing our waters as a great place to plant their oil rigs to FRACK OFF!
                    If they were allowed to FRACK, they wouldn't need all the oil under the arctic.

Just saying...

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
                      If they were allowed to FRACK, they wouldn't need all the oil under the arctic.

Just saying...
                      I completely forgot that fracking was a term in oil extraction when I made that remark.

Can we say Freudian slip?

Comment

Working...
                      X