No announcement yet.

British Royalty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They also pull in a hell of a lot of tourism.

Staunch Royalists, me and Housemate - we have a lot of the official documentaries that have been produced, and they shed a lot of light on the ins and outs. Yes they have made mistakes - when Diana died in 1997 the Queen shut herself away in Balmoral to look after William and Harry, and the public weren't happy. So when she returned to Buckingham Palace she got out before the gates and went on a walkabout to look at the flowers and talk to the people. They were happier after that. They learn how to deal with an evolving public feeling.

She works a sometimes 16-hour day, seven days a week. She reads every official paper that lands on her desk to keep herself up to date. She has a weekly private meeting with the Prime Minister to let him bitch and for her to share her concerns. She's not a celebrity; she doesn't act for the camera, she doesn't give interviews, she knows very well what real life is like - she was a mechanic in WWII.

Personally, I like the stability we have with a seemingly constant head of state. I would not like having to elect some twat into power over and over again every X years. Our current government is already eye-rollingly bleh.

Yes I ranted in Things I Hate. ^^ I'm no good at politics as the way I think is ooooooh not good. I'm a lot calmer now since the troll BRs on Facebook (not the nice ones!!) have gone back to their caves.

Comment

Working...
    X