Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Texas Republican party releases 2012 platform...you gotta see this to believe it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Republican party releases 2012 platform...you gotta see this to believe it

A few threads down, you'll see my earlier thread (http://www.fratching.com/showthread.php?t=6358)
    about the Iowa Republican platform for 2012. Well, Texas just released theirs and it's just as bad, if not worse.

I encourage you to read the whole thing (http://s3.amazonaws.com/texasgop_pre...form-Final.pdf), but here are a few "highlights"

The sanctity of human life, created in the image of God, which should be protected from fertilization to natural death.

Having an educated population, with parents having the freedom of choice for the education of their children.

A free enterprise society unencumbered by government interference or subsidies.

Voter Rights Act – We urge that the Voter Rights Act of 1965 codified and updated in 1973 be repealed and not reauthorized.

(NOTE: This act is what gave everyone, regardless of race, religion or whatever else, the right to vote...and these people want to repeal it).

Immunizations ― All adult citizens should have the legal right to conscientiously choose which vaccines are administered to themselves or their minor children without penalty for refusing a vaccine. We oppose any effort by any authority to mandate such vaccines or any medical database that would contain personal records of citizens without their consent.

Controversial Theories – We support objective teaching and equal treatment of all sides of scientific theories. We believe theories such as life origins and environmental change should be taught as challengeable scientific theories subject to change as new data is produced. Teachers and students should be able to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of these theories openly and without fear of retribution or discrimination of any kind.

Limited Federal Powers –We strongly support state sovereignty reserved under the Tenth Amendment and oppose mandates beyond the scope of federal authority, as defined in the U.S. Constitution. We further support abolition of federal agencies involved in activities not originally delegated to the federal government under a strict interpretation of the U.S. Constitution.

Law Enforcement - We support limitation of criminal jurisdiction of federal law-enforcement agencies into state and local jurisdictions and encourage them to enforce the laws under federal jurisdiction. The states have the right to protect their citizens if the federal government fails to enforce their applicable laws.

Elimination of Executive Orders - We reject the unconstitutional use of Executive Orders and other mandates lacking congressional approval.

Protection from Extreme Environmentalists – We strongly oppose all efforts of the extreme environmental groups that stymie legitimate business interests. We strongly oppose those efforts that attempt to use the environmental causes to purposefully disrupt and stop those interests within the oil and gas industry. We strongly support the immediate repeal of the Endangered Species Act. We strongly oppose the listing of the dune sage brush lizard either as a threatened or an endangered species. We believe the Environmental Protection Agency should be abolished.

Free Speech for the Clergy - We urge amendment of the Internal Revenue Code to allow a religious organization to address issues without fear of losing its tax-exempt status. We call for repeal of requirements that religious organizations send the government any personal information about their contributors.

Homosexuality ― We affirm that the practice of homosexuality tears at the fabric of society and contributes to the breakdown of the family unit. Homosexual behavior is contrary to the fundamental, unchanging truths that have been ordained by God, recognized by our country’s founders, and shared by the majority of Texans. Homosexuality must not be presented as an acceptable “alternative” lifestyle, in public policy, nor should “family” be redefined to include homosexual “couples.” We believe there should be no granting of special legal entitlements or creation of special status for homosexual behavior, regardless of state of origin.

Additionally, we oppose any criminal or civil penalties against those who oppose homosexuality out of faith, conviction or
    belief in traditional values.

Militia versus Paid Army – We recognize that the original meaning of the word “militia” in the Constitution refers to an armed citizenry, not the formal paid professional military.

But the most troubling one to me by far is this:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

If this is saying what I think it's saying (basically, it's a bad idea to have a mind of your own) that is some seriously scary shit.

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    But the most troubling one to me by far is this:

Knowledge-Based Education – We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE) (mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose of challenging the student’s fixed beliefs and undermining parental authority.

If this is saying what I think it's saying (basically, it's a bad idea to have a mind of your own) that is some seriously scary shit.
    "Don't teach our kids how to dispute and refute our indoctrination efforts, dammit!"

Comment

*reads*

*pauses. Contemplates*

*Realizes his state shares a border with Texas*

*Oh joy*

Slightly more seriously:

The. Everloving. Fuck.

My only response is...WHY? Why Repeal the very law that means ANY can vote? What POSSIBLE reason could there be for that?

And no civil or criminal penalties for those that oppose gays for religious beliefs? Does that mean I could gun down a man, and as long as he's gay and i say "god wanted me to do it" I don't go to jail?!

Get rid of the fucking EPA? Get rid of the Endangered Species list?! Are they sodding HIGH?

Oh, and the immunizations part...the FUCK? Oh yes, lets put not just one, but MANY children in danger because one or two parents feel that immunizations "Are a scurreh guvment plot fer mind controll!"

Oh god. These are people trying to run the country. Or at least a state. Man. Fuck.

Comment

My only response is...WHY? Why Repeal the very law that means ANY can vote? What POSSIBLE reason could there be for that?

[/QUOTE]

Why do you think? If they repeal it, only the people they deem "worthy" of the right to vote will be allowed to.
        Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Wha? Where am I going? Why am I in a handbasket?
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

It apparently gets worse. My best friend is going over it and giving me excerts. It's pretty bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
              It apparently gets worse. My best friend is going over it and giving me excerts. It's pretty bad.
              How in the name of Celestias Solar Flaring Orgasms could it be worse?

It's like a trainwreck...I dont want to know, but I must.

Comment

I wonder if the voting thing has anything to do with the special provision where southern states have extra federal oversight in their elections that other states don't have to worry about?
                "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

So...what if we see it but still can't believe it?
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

They want to make the Pledge of Allegence to the US flag manditory, as well as one to the TEXAS flag. They want to abolish the Laws of the Sea Treaty, and, if you read the subtext, try to establish that Christianity is the only permissible religion.

Comment

Seriously, can't you just make these people seceed already? So you can watch their society collapse into a povetry stricken uneducated hovel of frothing religious zealots that use a pair of tongs to pee for fear of what happens if they touch the Serpent?

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        Seriously, can't you just make these people seceed already? So you can watch their society collapse into a povetry stricken uneducated hovel of frothing religious zealots that use a pair of tongs to pee for fear of what happens if they touch the Serpent?
                        Honestly, I would not fraken care at all. But I bet in 10 years it will be the north american Singapore. and in another 10 we will need to invade to stop them from poisoning us with their non EPA industrial activity.

Lets give Texas back to mexico.

Comment

Seriously, I sometimes wonder if there are elements of the Republican Party that want to return us to the days of when there were the rich and everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                            Seriously, I sometimes wonder if there are elements of the Republican Party that want to return us to the days of when there were the rich and everyone else.
                            They want to return it to a neo-feudal system where the masses live and work for the benefit of the select few (them). They're supported by millions of the masses who are deluded into believing that they'd be among the select few.

Comment

I mean I get the rewarding the entreprenurial spirit that the Republicans tout but their actions hardly support that. Instead, they reward the crony capitalists that got us in the position we are in now. If their policies were all about rewarding the "job creators", their tax code would be alot different. Instead, it rewards the multinationals that base thier decisions on stock prices being tantamount...screw everything else.

And one more thing...how can any blue collar worker in his right mind support a guy who pretty much screwed over blue collar workers his whole career?

Comment

Working...
                              X