Affordable Care Act (Obamacare) ruled constitutional - strong reactions abound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
    You going to stick with that story, or work on a better one?

And for the track record, the very party you support, the Republican party, is soley responsible for this mess. The original bill was much closer to what you like as a universal health care system but Obama actually wanted to work with the other side in getting it out. The Republicans hacked away at it piece by piece until it became this crap saying that if Obama did it they would agree to it and STILL decided to try to kill it.
    Hm, so I did.

And the rest of this post is quite laughable. I don't support either party as both are full of complete douchebags who don't work for the people. And I especially don't support the Republicans.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      I don't support either party as both are full of complete douchebags who don't work for the people. And I especially don't support the Republicans.
      Since the other parties are either a joke, or can't compete..it really is a choice of two evils. Same clowns in different suits.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
        Since the other parties are either a joke, or can't compete..it really is a choice of two evils. Same clowns in different suits.
        I beg to differ. There are a number of social topics where there's a stark difference between the parties. Democrats are lukewarm in supporting gay rights, while Republicans eagerly and wholeheartedly oppose gay rights. Democrats warmly support women's rights and equality, while Republicans oppose measures to force labor equality and pay equality for women, and Republican pundits (particularly Ann Coulter) have even been talking about removing women's rights to vote. Democrats don't actually have a problem with a black president, while Republicans enjoy having a token black around to show how progressive they are, but wouldn't dream of actually voting for one (Herman Cain never got a very strong showing while he was running, and the only time his numbers spiked was when talking about him as a Not-Obama or Not-Romney).

On fiscal issues, there's not a lot of divide between the Republicans and Democrats. On social issues, there's a huge difference.

Comment

(Herman Cain never got a very strong showing while he was running, and the only time his numbers spiked was when talking about him as a Not-Obama or Not-Romney).
          Well I think you're going too far on that one. Not on the 'Blacks in the Republican party are just tokens.' I've never been in the Republican Party. But on using that as an example. I don't think that had much to do with his blackness. No-one in that race got much hype unless it was in comparison to Obama and Romney, even Santorum and Gingrich.

Herman Cain not getting much press was for the same reason Perry and Bachmann didn't get much press. They kept shooting themselves in the foot. The fact that Cain didn't get much press isn't because he was black any more than Bachmann's was because she was a woman, or Perry's was because he was from Texas.

Edit: If you need a better example of tokenism in the Republican party, why not Michael Steele (man I have the misfortune to share two names with.) He has no qualifications justifying making him the leader of the party except for his blackness.
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

It may be a choice between two evils, but the one is much more so than the other.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
              Also, I do have to wonder what part of "you cannot be refused emergency care" is nothing. You get something, and you have gotten that for some time. Just because you haven't needed it, doesn't mean it isn't there. It's just that now you have to pay for it, somehow.

^-.-^
              OH yes you, by law, will be given services in the ER BUT if you do not have insurnace or are not on an assistance type plan/program YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY for those services at some point. and ER service are NOT cheap been there done that finished paying off the bill ($5000) not too long ago

God help he who falls and breaks his arm or has an undectected heart problem or something and a regualr Dr. is not accessable.
              I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
              The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Originally posted by Racket_Man View Post
                OH yes you, by law, will be given services in the ER BUT if you do not have insurnace or are not on an assistance type plan/program YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY for those services at some point. and ER service are NOT cheap been there done that finished paying off the bill ($5000) not too long ago

God help he who falls and breaks his arm or has an undectected heart problem or something and a regualr Dr. is not accessable.
                You're missing part of the picture. While you will be charged for an Emergency Room visit, hospitals are severely limited in their ability to aggressively pursue debt collection on such debts. They can harass you to a very limited degree, but the laws regarding patient confidentiality make it near-impossible for them to employ third-party debt collectors, and it's simply not practical for them to pursue many of the debts that ARE incurred, simply because the court fees alone make it unprofitable to pursue.

"Know your rights about hospital debt"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                  Well I think you're going too far on that one. Not on the 'Blacks in the Republican party are just tokens.' I've never been in the Republican Party. But on using that as an example. I don't think that had much to do with his blackness. No-one in that race got much hype unless it was in comparison to Obama and Romney, even Santorum and Gingrich.

Herman Cain not getting much press was for the same reason Perry and Bachmann didn't get much press. They kept shooting themselves in the foot. The fact that Cain didn't get much press isn't because he was black any more than Bachmann's was because she was a woman, or Perry's was because he was from Texas.

Edit: If you need a better example of tokenism in the Republican party, why not Michael Steele (man I have the misfortune to share two names with.) He has no qualifications justifying making him the leader of the party except for his blackness.
                  It had everything to do with his blackness. They wanted to try to disprove racism claims. That's the only reason he was pushed as much as he was. That's usually what happens to black Republicans, which is why there so few. There are quite a few of us who start as Republican, and change later.
                  Do not lead, for I may not follow. Do not follow, for I may not lead. Just go over there somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                    ...and it's simply not practical for them to pursue many of the debts that ARE incurred, simply because the court fees alone make it unprofitable to pursue.
                    Pretty much this.

My brother has an emergency room bill that he's pretty much never going to pay. So who do you think pays for that, then? Everybody else. But he's so self-centered and selfish that he doesn't care who pays his way as long as it's not him. Basically, he's the poor version of "fuck you, I got mine" that we see so often out of people who are far enough above those who need it that they fail to realize how much benefit they get out of the system themselves.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Often, it isn't not wanting to pay their bill, it's just that it's so huge... if they could pay that, they'd have instead paid for the far cheaper office visit(s) a week, month, or year ago that would have prevented winding up in the ER.
                      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                        Often, it isn't not wanting to pay their bill, it's just that it's so huge... if they could pay that, they'd have instead paid for the far cheaper office visit(s) a week, month, or year ago that would have prevented winding up in the ER.
                        This is what happened to my sis in law, just flat out couldnt afford regular checkups and BAM.. surgery needed on something that would have been caught by routine exams.

Also, something Im worried about happening to me.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
                          This is what happened to my sis in law, just flat out couldnt afford regular checkups and BAM.. surgery needed on something that would have been caught by routine exams.

Also, something Im worried about happening to me.
                          I also live with this every day. I know I have some potentially serious medical issues but with no insurance they get put to the side (and they have been for far too long)
                          I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                          The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Am I the only one who wants to stand up at a political rally and ask the pundit point blank why they think they have the right to discuss OUR medical coverage when they get FREE HEALTH CARE via tax money? Seriously, those assholes don't pay a fucking DIME for health insurance. In fact, WE'RE paying for it. How dare they turn around and say that not all Americans deserve free health care.

Comment

Working...
                            X