Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rep Joe Walsh, "She's not a True Hero"

Article at Think Progress

I don't have time to give this the treatment it deserves; I'll weigh in more in depth after I get home, tonight.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Well it's the same mindset that tarred and feathered Max Clelland. They can't be real heroes because they aren't conservative.

Comment

Rep. Walsh was, and is, out-and-out wrong about Sen. John McCain. McCain has made a great deal about being a veteran and POW, and there was no arm-twisting about that. It's political capital that he'll use any time there's the slightest chance of its being relevant.

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
        Rep. Walsh was, and is, out-and-out wrong about Sen. John McCain. McCain has made a great deal about being a veteran and POW, and there was no arm-twisting about that. It's political capital that he'll use any time there's the slightest chance of its being relevant.
        This. He talked about it a ton in the last election.

This guy is truly disrespectful and doesn't deserve to represent a state or group of people. He is a total fool.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

However I think the more dispicable element of him is the back child support he had.

Comment

Article at Salon with links to some of his 'greatest hits' on being offensive.

Moderately amusing blog post by Democratic Diva.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

She really needs to stop being so visibly a war veteran!

Going around not having legs like that, it's disgusting.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

I try to stay away from getting involved in politics in this country on many grounds, one of the main ones being that it's too negative.

Yeah, we've got nothing on the US in that regard.

Rapscallion
                Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

The more I think about this, the more disgusting I think it is.

I really thought that that Swiftboat Veterans for Truth thing in '04 was the lowest they could get. Just plain making stuff up about someone. But to me, this is even worse.

If he said her military heroism was invalid because she hadn't done it, that she'd cut off her own legs and made it all up, that would be... It would be totally insane, to tell the truth, but it wouldn't be as low as this. Which is not him saying her experience is invalid because it didn't happen. He's saying her experience is invalid because she TALKS about it. He's not even TRYING to make it sound like he has a basis for insulting her.

Comment

Well, his position is that she talks about it to the exclusion of all else.

I'm not following the race over there, but I'll eat your hat if he's not talking out of his ass.

^-.-^

Comment

From what I've read, she does consider 'taking care of our veterans' to be one of her key issues. While there's much LESS abuse, the VA system is still fucked at the moment.

Clearly she needs to stop caring about issues that effecther.

Comment

So, to this guy...
                        ...Tammy Duckworth talking about the need to give more support and care for Veterans is bad...
                        ...but John McCain bringing up his POW history at every speaking event during his campaign is great.

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
                          Well it's the same mindset that tarred and feathered Max Clelland. They can't be real heroes because they aren't conservative.
                          What I always heard locally growing up, was a lot of angry muttering that he really picked up his injuries screwing around like a fool, then had it covered up.

Looking at wikipedia, if they have the accurate version of it then there certainly was a fair bit of stupid going around, but not quite on the level of outright "horseplay" that I had always heard.
                          Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                          Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Originally posted by Fire_on_High View Post
                            What I always heard locally growing up, was a lot of angry muttering that he really picked up his injuries screwing around like a fool, then had it covered up.

Looking at wikipedia, if they have the accurate version of it then there certainly was a fair bit of stupid going around, but not quite on the level of outright "horseplay" that I had always heard.
                            That may be the case but the guy that was calling him unpatriotic was in law school at the same time. But hey, I guess all is fair in love and war, right?

Comment

Not hardly. Just saying that the perception has far more to do with judgement of his actions and the situation he was in than political party.
                              Bartle Test Results: E.S.A.K.
                              Explorer: 93%, Socializer: 60%, Achiever: 40%, Killer: 13%

Comment

Working...
                              X