No announcement yet.

Hire the best candidate? How dare you!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hire the best candidate? How dare you!

The Governor of Tennessee, Bill Haslam, has hired a new International Director for the state's Dept. of Economic & Community Development.

The Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development's new international director is from Waverly, a small town just west of Nashville. Most recently, she served as a White House fellow, one of our nation's most competitive and prestigious honors for a young professional.

She also worked as an associate attorney at Hogan Lovells, one of the most respected international law firms in the world. Before that, she clerked for a senior judge on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 6th Circuit. She is a tae kwon do champion and a volunteer for the YMCA, AIDS efforts and an organization focused on addressing diabetes. Her bachelor's and law degrees are both from Vanderbilt.
    Sounds good, right? Brilliant resume, brilliant candidate.

Nope. Haslam is under pressure to get rid of her.

Because she's Muslim.

Link

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
    The Governor of Tennessee, Bill Haslam, has hired a new International Director for the state's Dept. of Economic & Community Development.

Sounds good, right? Brilliant resume, brilliant candidate.

Nope. Haslam is under pressure to get rid of her.

Because she's Muslim.

Link
    Found your reason.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Now to find a *rational* reason.
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I am sincerely struggling to understand how people can be in a position of governence in a country yet have such a complete and total lack of understanding of that country or its principles.

The level of sheer fucking stupidity and willfull ignorance required is astounding.

Comment

Well they also apopletic over gay people too....

Comment

I just want to make sure I'm reading this correctly - the Governor hasn't actually fired her, right? From my understanding, a few Tea Party groups (some with only minor connections to the state) are the only ones kicking up a fuss.

Comment

no, he is standing by his decision. which will just make the bigots more angry. he also refuses to fire people because they are gay.
              All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

Wow. Good for him.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-grants-t...221355614.html

Same state, same religion. Must be rough being a Muslim in Tennessee.
                  Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Tennessee seems to prefer the... whatever you call the Greek form of paganism. At least, they do their best to stop the building of mosques, yet seem proud of their Parthenon.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
                      no, he is standing by his decision. which will just make the bigots more angry. he also refuses to fire people because they are gay.
                      I was under the impression that was kind of against the law in general.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
                        I was under the impression that was kind of against the law in general.
                        I am guessing that government employment is not at-will, even if the state is an at-will state?

Comment

it is against the law, but it hasnt stopped idio... er.... people from demanding that he find ways to fire gay people.

Comment

Originally posted by siead_lietrathua View Post
                            it is against the law, but it hasnt stopped idio... er.... people from demanding that he find ways to fire gay people.
                            No, no, you were right the first time. "Idiot bigoted jackass's" yes?

Comment

i would have thrown in a few more curses, but close enough :P

Comment

Working...
                              X