Look, I've been a Republican for a long time. On many fundamental principles, I agree with them. I want a smaller government. I want lower taxes. I'm pro-life. But I don't think I can deal with them anymore.

Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day literally made me livid. Like, the whole Chick-Fil-A thing, I didn't like it. Chick-Fil-A was against gay marriage, something which I support. But, on some level, I could at least understand it. They were supporting their beliefs, twisted and hateful though they may be. I didn't agree with them, but they were entitled to say what they wanted to say, and I just didn't have to eat there anymore. But Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day...well fuck you, Mike Huckabee and rick Santorum. Literally you did this for no reason other than to rub it in the faces of those to who you will not allow equality. Literally, you did this just to strke your ego. There is no even fake ego-stroking allowed here. You're both just being dicks.

And so are all the people who decided to support CFA that day. There was literally no reason to do that, no matter your beliefs on gay marriage, other than to be petty and childish. It was a disgrace.

And almost entirely because of that whole fiasco, I'm seriously considering changing parties. Probably not to Democrat, but to some third party most likely, because I don't want to be associated with that kind of hate anymore. The more and more that Republicans get vocals against gay marriage, the stupider they sound. And I just don't want to be equivocated to that anymore. I still agree with some other Republican principles...but not necessarily in the way Republicans do. So I dunno what I'll do in this situation. But I'm strongly considering changing parties to something else just because of this.