Laws that you don't follow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AFPheonix View Post
    And bugs freaking HURT when they hit your face at freeway speeds.
    That, and bugs taste nasty as hell.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

someone has to clean up the mess. That's one person who has to deal with it. The other person involved in the accident will forever have it on their mind. Any family of the deceased will have to deal with the pain from the loss of the deceased. Starting to add up on those affected.

Honestly, not buckling up just goes under laziness in my book.
      Mkay, but, people have to deal with the cleanup and sights no matter how it goes so i'm not sure how that would waive societies right. Died/injured with belt, died/injured without. Same thing with any loss from any accident at all.

Really has nothing to do with being lazy, I just find it uncomfortable and annoying to wear.

I think they did finally pass it so that you can be pulled over for not wearing your seatbelt now in WI.

I did go for a while where I was wearing it, but most of the time I'd hop in the car and I'd just forget. Bout half way home I'd realize, oh yeah, Seatbelt.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwolf View Post
        I probably do more than I know about...but the one I have the biggest beef with is the seatbelt law.

I don't understand WHY this has to be a law. It saves lives......maybe.

Hell Fucking yeah it saves lives. I crashed 2 times in my life. Once when I was younger, and once about 2 years back. luckily for me, I had the seatbelt on. I still think that it is stupid for having to wear them, but I will gladly wear it everytime.

Comment

I always wear my seatbelt. Too much at stake not to.

My father is lucky to be alive because of his seatbelt. For years, he never wore one...simply because when he was growing up, nobody did. Anyway, he got hit back in '93, and was lucky to have put it on. Some idiot in a 1970s Pontiac broadsides him as he was pulling out of a parallel space. The Pontiac slammed into my '87 Ford Tempo, tossing it about 40 feet When it was all over, witnesses said they saw my father's head snap back, and thought he was dead The impact took out the driver's door, window, knocked off both mirrors, slightly bent the frame... If he hadn't worn his belt that day, he would have gone right out the passenger window, and probably into one of the trees lining the street

Comment

A seatbelt just about saved my life a few weeks ago. I was at a family's place out in the boonies, they had a go-kart track set up and one of the go-karts went a bit faster than the ones set out. My cousin and I went for a few laps on the faster one, on the 3rd lap we hit a rock and managed to roll over 3-5 times according to his dad. We were lucky to even walk away with the scrapes we had. I was in the passenger side and I was being suspended in the air. My uncle who happens to be a cop said that we were damn lucky to be alive because of the roll bar and the seat belt.

Believe me when I say that it's a lot of work for the police to fill out the paperwork for a death or a severe injury just because someone didn't wear their seatbelt. Really it's a safety thing and it's sad that the police have to use these sort of things just to encourage people to be safer.

Originally posted by Nightwolf View Post
            I don't understand WHY this has to be a law. It saves lives......maybe. I've seen a good amount of people die from wearing their seatbelt too and someone saying, "had they not been wearing it, they probably would have lived."
            Wearing a seatbelt doesn't guarantee that you will live but it can increase your chances . It also depends on the severity of the accident. A seatbelt doesn't have the magical power of casting a shield but it does and it can increase your chances of survival and I'd rather play that card.
            "You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for journalism."

Comment

There is nothing safe about flying through the windshield of your car. The impact through the window can kill you, let alone whatever is on the outside whether it be pavement, trees, or moving vehicles. The bit about living if they had been thrown from the vehicle as opposed to staying in is the exception, not the norm. If I'm going to take my chances either way, chances are I stand a better chance of survival strapped to my seat.
              Last edited by squall; 09-06-2007, 01:58 PM.

Comment

That, and bugs taste nasty as hell.
                Depends on the bug and how you eat them.......

QAnd yeah I wear a belt 99% of the time. usually if I'm doing somethign on the farm that I have to get in and out of the truck more than a couple times or just goign across the field then nah. That is unless I'm mudding then i strap in as I've been upside down a few times too many. Highways and on road always ,always though.

I don't understand WHY this has to be a law. It saves lives......maybe. I've seen a good amount of people die from wearing their seatbelt too and someone saying, "had they not been wearing it, they probably would have lived."
                Like I said earlier I only know of 3 events where not wearing the belt saved their lives and would probably have died if they had been in the car. I know of litterally probably a hundred or so times where the belt saved someone's life. Not a good ratio for the seatbelt less idea. Think of it this way. Why do NASCAR drivers all wear five point harness among their gear? Even the most lowly redneck dirt track racer has at least the factory belts in it.

Comment

Working...
                X