Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here supports marijuana legalization, but doesn't want to use it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kaycivine View Post
    I'm actually against the use of marijuana outside of medical reasons, and even then, I want to avoid it.
    Would you care to share why you're against the use of marijuana?

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
      Would you care to share why you're against the use of marijuana?

^-.-^
      In response to both of you;

My reason, will honestly be seen, as not good enough for colder logic, and this is really ALL about my personal feelings, but I do think its too easily to abuse in recreational ways.

I do understand, that alcohol is in a lot of ways, worse, and it could be seen ridiculous to let THAT be legal instead of marijuana, but...

In my personal life, between close friends and family members, I saw no good out of it. I come a from a family of alcoholics, and you would think that would affect me too, but I honestly saw more negative reactions in the lives of the people I personally know who use marijuana. I just know a lot of people with a psychological dependency on it, and it negatively influenced me growing up, especially while noting how my brother, while high with his friend, left the door wide open when he went to buy some snacks, while his then two year-old son was alone in the house, or how he would also leave me alone from ages 6-8 in the middle of parks he was supposed to be watching me in, all because he just chose to smoke blunts instead of wanting to be responsible. (May sound stupid, so I will apologize for that)

Yeah, I'm rambling.
      Again, I really have NO logical reason that would be fitting, its just my experiences and preferences affecting me. I really DON'T care if its passed or not, however, as long as people can respect I don't wish for them to smoke it around me. (The smell makes my sensitive nose want to die and I will sometimes gag)

I just won't vote for the passing of it. Its not something I'm really ACTIVELY against, anyways. We got bigger problems.

However, sending people to jail for smoking weed is really, REALLY idiotic at the same time, in my opinion as well.

Comment

Originally posted by kaycivine View Post
        In response to both of you;

(SNIP)

Absolutely nothing wrong with this at all. Everybody is entitled to their beliefs, and you explain it very rationally.
        Last edited by MadMike; 12-09-2012, 04:54 PM. Reason: Please don't quote the entire post.

Comment

I just want to throw my 2 cents in. I also hold the belief that jail time for marijuana is incorrect and for all intents and purposes, marijuana is the equivalent of smoking and drinking at the same time.

However, I always cringe at those who seem to believe that marijuana is harmless. Every so often someone will post a graph on Facebook that lists statistics on causes of death and claim that marijuana has never killed anyone.

Anything that you smoke causes lung damage. I don't care if you're smoking cigarettes, marijuana joints, or continuously blow out birthday candles 5 times a day, it will affect you negatively. I can't speak on the long term effects of other forms of THC, such as baking brownies, but I imagine just like any psychoactive drug it possibly has some long term effects on the body, and if you abuse it in such a way that it affects your career, romantic life, or otherwise, it's just as affecting on your life as alcohol abuse.

I feel as though the proponents of marijuana legalization who claim that marijuana is completely harmless are doing people who don't know any better a great disservice and it's a very irresponsible lie to tell. You can say that marijuana, compared to other illegal drugs, is far more tame. You can say that, in moderation, marijuana is no more harmful than cigarettes and/or alcohol depending on how you consume it. You can say that marijuana, compared to other legal drugs or beverages that you can just find at a drug store, is just as dangerous to those who might make it a habit to consume on a regular basis. But don't spread the lie that marijuana is completely harmless. That's simply not at all true.

Comment

A
            nything that you smoke causes lung damage.
            I'm a pretty serious cannabis activist, and long-time lurker- first time poster but while I understand and agree somewhat with what you are saying, but the whole "it must be bad for the lungs" claim, which is logically sound, has been debunked by science. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1197854.html

Unfortunately, once a study comes out showing cannabis in a positive light, further studies is basically shut down, because the DEA has to give permission for the studies to take place, and it is one of the DEA rules that they must not do anything to prove a schedule 1 drug is medically sound. The theory behind why it does not harm the lungs is that CBD which is just as important to cannabis as THC and really the part that is helpful to people with illness, counteracts with the damage being done to the lungs while smoking. Of course, any long time user, medical patient has moved on to vaporizing which is a hole different ball game.

I saw in the thread that someone said Marinol is schedule 11, I would just like to say it is actually schedule 3. It is 100% synthetic THC, and while helps with some medical conditions, it does not help with all because it does not contain the CBD's.

Comment

Working...
            X