media lying about Sarah Palin to discredit her

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
    um remember A lovely president we had by the name of Theodore Roosevelt?
    He was picked as VP with only 2 terms as a governor-wow he needed more experiance-good to know.
    remember a lovely president we have by the name of george w bush? who's entire political experience (other than riding daddy's coattails during sr.'s presidential campaign) consists of a failed run for the house of representatives in 1978 and 1.5 terms as governor?

bang-up job he's done.

Comment

Originally posted by linguist View Post
      remember a lovely president we have by the name of george w bush? who's entire political experience (other than riding daddy's coattails during sr.'s presidential campaign) consists of a failed run for the house of representatives in 1978 and 1.5 terms as governor?

bang-up job he's done.

well there's also former president clinton(who was impeached, and passed a law by the name of the "defense of marriage act" that limits a marriage to be defined as betwen a man and a woman) -who had no political experience other than being governor of Arkansas-he was defeated when he ran for congress. But I forgot you can only attack the experience of non-democrats.
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

well there's also former president clinton(who was impeached, and passed a law by the name of the "defense of marriage act" that limits a marriage to be defined as betwen a man and a woman)
        Slight nitpick: The Defense of Marriage Act was passed by rather a few Republicans in the House and Senate. In fact, the voting was so in favor of it (342-67 in House, 85-14 in Senate) that Clinton vetoing was not an option. The two portions of Congress had already overcome the 2/3 majority to pass it into law.

Add in that the both houses were overwhelmingly Republican (and not Democrat)...

Come on, you can do better than that, right? I mean, I disliked Clinton a lot too (let's face it, he lied under oath, regardless of whether the investigation was proper, he did it), but to claim that Clinton passed a law that had already been put into place and overridden his veto power in the process?

Misleading, at the very best.

Comment

well there's also former president clinton(who was impeached, and passed a law by the name of the "defense of marriage act" that limits a marriage to be defined as betwen a man and a woman) -who had no political experience other than being governor of Arkansas-he was defeated when he ran for congress. But I forgot you can only attack the experience of non-democrats.
          Clinton was the Governor for multiple terms (12 years total, I believe) and was the chair of the National Governor's Association. He also spent a few years as the Attorney General of Arkansas. After he got his Juris Doctorate from Yale. Also, Arkansas, despite its reputation has a considerably higher population than Alaska. I'm not saying Clinton was perfect, but he did come into the office with an Ivy League education and 12 years of state-level executive experience.

As much as I dislike Mike Huckabee, I was sort of proud that my home state of hillbillies and rednecks produced a two term president and a potential presidential nominee in the past 16 years.

Comment

Working...
          X