Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Obama got re-elected so....you're FIRED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obama got re-elected so....you're FIRED!

http://nation.foxnews.com/2012-presi...across-america

Yes, I realize this is a Fox News link BUT the fact is there have been at least three legitimate layoffs this past week in which the head of the company cutting the jobs specifically blamed the election results for his move (he even read a prayer as he laid the workers off).

The standard reason given by these business owners is that they have no choice to get rid of people because of Obamacare, which requires companies to do more to provide health benefits to their workers.

Thing is, those particular provisions don't come into effect until NEXT year.

Originally posted by Crazedclerkthe2nd View Post
    The standard reason given by these business owners is that they have no choice to get rid of people because of Obamacare, which requires companies to do more to provide health benefits to their workers.
    Actually, according to your link, it's because Obama's policies are closing coal plants. As a result, the demand for coal is down, making prices lower, and the coal mining companies aren't making as much money.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
      Actually, according to your link, it's because Obama's policies are closing coal plants. As a result, the demand for coal is down, making prices lower, and the coal mining companies aren't making as much money.
      It's true that's the excuse. The reality is something different.

Coal demand is down because people are using natural gas, which is much cheaper than coal, and cleaner. Costs to produce are higher because of EPA regulations now coming into play that have been on the back burner for a couple of decades now. Obama is not the cause of either of those situations.

Also, the need for workers is down because the coal companies are no longer mining with shaft mining. They're doing pit mining, which is much cheaper, but devastating to the local ecosystem, and requires far fewer workers.

The mine owners are just mad at Obama and are using him as an excuse to vent their sour grapes and cover the real issues at hand.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Natural gas, cleaner?? Haven't you seen the TV ads for "America's clean coal"? It must be a clean energy source, the ads tell us it is!

I'm glad that coal is less of a thing, and yet it's sad that companies are using Obama as an excuse.

Comment

There's no such thing as clean coal.
          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

What if I used soap?
            "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
            ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
              What if I used soap?
              You'll have soapy coal.

Comment

Working...
              X