Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The biggest obsticle to tax reform is.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tanasi View Post
    Personally I think all employees regardless of compensated amount should receive the whole check no withholding of any taxes, dues, whatever. Then that employee should have to pay their taxes, dues, fees, whatever each month.
    Impractical. The whole reason the employer pays the taxes for the employee is because the government can ensure the with holding actually takes place. The biggest part of Greece's financial woes is the rampant tax evasion that goes on over there; they collect about a third of what is actually owed.

Too many people are irresponsible with their money, or honestly live pay check to paycheck; if they have the money, they'll spend it and end up in trouble with the IRS which will have no recourse to collect. That's a disaster waiting to happen.
    Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by draco664 View Post
      Are you kidding? How on earth do you expect the poor, hardworking plebs to manage their money if they just get it all in one go? They'd go and blow the money they should be giving to the taxman on food or heat, and then where would we be? It would be anarchy!!!!
      You jest - but that's probably what would happen.

A fair pecentage of people wouldn't pay because they don't want to, they're too disorganised to pay on time : or spent the tax money on other stuff. Or they just get their sums wrong and pay the wrong amount.

Just 1% not paying would be 3 million people to be arrested, tried, and imprisoned each year.

There were several UK police forces ( we were still allowed to call them 'forces' back then ) who told the goverment they would refuse to arrest people for non-payment of Poll Tax because there were too many people not paying.

And that's without the huge hole in finances this would cause - just look a the trouble Greece and Italy are in

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
        There were several UK police forces ( we were still allowed to call them 'forces' back then ) who told the goverment they would refuse to arrest people for non-payment of Poll Tax because there were too many people not paying.
        Back in those days I was unemployed. My poll tax was about £100 per year. The costs involved in even arresting me would be more than that.

I always paid, but I was always late.

Rapscallion
        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Working...
        X