White House Petition Site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White House Petition Site

So I curious and took a gander at the White House Petition site to see what other sort of petitions there were, and the supposed location of the people signing each.
    White House Petition Site The link should be in order from most to least popular. Right now the Texas one is the most popular. While most people seem to be form Texas, there's also a few with location withheld and several from state that aren't Texas. And who knows who has made multiple accounts and who hasn't.

This is followed by Recount the Election (59,523), Remove Marijuana from the controlled substance list (56,560), and support the labeling of genetically modified food (45,296). Rounding out the bottom of the top 10: 9) Something about Japan (34,290) and 10)Not Allow the FDA to regulate premium cigars (33472)

AS of right now there are 178 petitions. These are in the bottom 10.

Some are legit, but others. Really?
    7 from the bottom) Build a statue of Master Chief Petty Officer Spartan John on the lawn of the White House (303).
    3rd form the bottom) government intervention in the NHL lockout

There are some bizarre ones like "Allow the city of Austin to withdraw form Texas"
    "Strip citizenship form everyone that signs a petition to secede and exile them"
    and
    "Establish new legal system of motorcycle riding 'Judges'" at 1,217.

Maybe I should make one demanding White House response to the madness that is Black Friday.

Originally posted by violiav View Post
    There are some bizarre ones like "Allow the city of Austin to withdraw form Texas"
    "Strip citizenship form everyone that signs a petition to secede and exile them"
    Those two are a mockery aimed at the Secession petitions.

and
    That's a reference to Judge Dredd.

Comment

Love this one, I already have a nice bike and gear that looks like the new Dredd movie, soooo sign me up!

Comment

Now it's 197.

And the one about 5th from the bottom is something to do with Israel being responsible for the 9/11 attacks...

Comment

The Judge one was made by Cracked.

Comment

That doesn't surprise me in the slightest.

Comment

Working...
            X