Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Anonymous block Karl Rove's plan to take over the election?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Anonymous block Karl Rove's plan to take over the election?

http://samuel-warde.com/2012/11/did-...teal-election/

I sure can't stand that group. I believe they are borderline terrorists. But if they actually stopped someone from rigging the election, I guess I can't be too pissed at them for this one.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Interesting, if true, but I don't see how Rove and company can ever be prosecuted for it.

Comment

I hope it's not true... but that if it is, there's enough usable evidence and enough will to prosecute everyone who had anything to do with the attempt.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

If they DID, why wouldn't they release the information?

Doing something huge and only vaguely implying they've done it doesn't seem to be their style.

If you know someone has committed what is effectively treason against the United States government...

Why would they not try to keep such a person from doing it again?

In general, Anonymous are a lot of things. Stupid is not one of them. And "I will release this information on a website" is not a threat to someone who is willing to attempt to rig the United States Presidential election.

Karl Rove is still rich. He can still throw huge amounts of money at any cause he wants, he can still be an effective lobbiest.

If he tried to rig the election, and someone KNEW about it... What the hell possible justification do they have for letting him go with "Don't do it again?"
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

anon might not release the info, since showing they actually have the data means that they are also proving that they too hacked the government. not the best of ideas.
            but anon has done shit before on a mass scale. like after megaupload went down.
            they may be "terrorists", but they are internal terrorists, and usually only act en masse when it's for a good cause. they troll in small clans, but break out the big guns only when it's worth it, since if they get caught they would get one heck of jail time themselves.

posting at 3am so might be illogical
            All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I'm more interested in what Anon is doing in Israel at the moment.
              I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
              Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

ahhh but they are anon, many, legion. and theoretically anyone with internet access can be a member.
                All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

No. Next question. -.-

If Anon had done anything like this, they'd have plastered the details across the entire Internet and Rove would be in a cell.

Comment

I'm torn on this.

On the one hand this is wild conspiracy theory and there's no evidence to support it. In addition as of late Anon has been doing more hacking claims than actual hacking (a number of their "we hacked this" lately has been debunked).

On the other hand it does put a considerable explanation into Rove's infamous blowup on Fox. He did come close to saying that the numbers must be faked because he knew the "true" numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                      On the other hand it does put a considerable explanation into Rove's infamous blowup on Fox. He did come close to saying that the numbers must be faked because he knew the "true" numbers.
                      His blow up was because a lot of very rich, very powerful people had given him a lot of money to work Romney's campaign and he'd been assuring them for weeks this would be a total landslide.

What you saw was the end of his career and political relevance. -.-

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                        His blow up was because a lot of very rich, very powerful people had given him a lot of money to work Romney's campaign and he'd been assuring them for weeks this would be a total landslide.

Ding ding ding we have a winner!!!!
                        I'm no fan of Karl Rove and I don't think he's capable of pulling something like this off. I think the "conspiracy" was made up after the fact. If Anon did block him then they need to publish the way he was trying to accomplish this so it can be blocked in the future.
                        Cry Havoc and let slip the marsupials of war!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nekojin View Post
                          Interesting, if true, but I don't see how Rove and company can ever be prosecuted for it.
                          Rove can't be prosecuted for ORCA. It isn't hacking software. I read about it here on Ars Technica. It was supposed to help volunteers keep track of exit polls and coordinate get out the vote efforts in localized places (both perfectly legal and hardly rigging an election). The problem with ORCA is it was extremely piss poor software that didn't go through beta or any kind of process to fix the bugs. On top of that, campaign managers screwed up the logins and passwords for volunteers, meaning they couldn't even get into the system even as it crashed and burned.

The original link and the Anon claims are full of shit.
                          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

The trouble is, while that explains why he didn't *like* the result, it doesn't even begin to explain his apparent certainty that he couldn't lose a state which all polling agreed was going to be close.

Which isn't to say the Anonymous story is true.
                            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
                              The trouble is, while that explains why he didn't *like* the result, it doesn't even begin to explain his apparent certainty that he couldn't lose a state which all polling agreed was going to be close.

Which isn't to say the Anonymous story is true.
                              I think the best explanation for that it: He's an idiot. He was utterly sure his side would win because it had the most money, etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X