Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Republicans dislike the United Nations?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the funny thing being that some of the more extreme religious fundamentalists actually fit the description themselves. ( think abut it... the antichrist is usually described as being considered a man of faith but that brings destruction...)

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
      I've heard the same argument used for their distrust for the European Union.
      I always hear people laugh at the EU because of poor countries failing and dragging everyone else down.
      Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        Because the UN is very ineffective and is for all appearances very weak. Why exactly would they want them to rule our country when they couldn't even really survive without us?
        It depends on what part of their mission you are talking about. The UN is successful at getting nations to talk to each other and work together on some issues. They are successful and distributing aid and medicine to many dangerous parts of the world. They are successful at helping poor nations develop economically.

Their peace keeping missions aren't always successful, diplomacy often fails because of the Security Council's one veto rule (and the US is sometimes at fault for this), and many of their efforts are supported overwhelmingly by US money.

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
        I always hear people laugh at the EU because of poor countries failing and dragging everyone else down.
        The problem with the EU is it does not truly federalize Europe into a single nation, like the Constitution did to the United States. Instead, it functions more like the Confederation of States that preceded our Constitution. The EU is an excellent example of why our Constitutional government is an improvement over the Articles of Confederation.
        Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
          I've heard the same argument used for their distrust for the European Union.
          I think it was the Late Great Planet Earth or one of those shows that suggested that the European Union represented the Thirteen headed dragon of Revalation. Hence the fear of the EU. Although at that time it was the Common Market. Then there is the One World Government Aspect...given the troubles that countries are having with a One Country Government, I can't imagine how well a world government would work.

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
            I think it was the Late Great Planet Earth or one of those shows that suggested that the European Union represented the Thirteen headed dragon of Revalation.
            Hmm... thirteen united colonies in 1776... thirteen headed dragon...

Comment

Working...
            X