Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birther ordered to pay for crazy lawsuits

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...#ixzz2PQnsZj75

Apparently the birthers have been filing claim after claim to prove Obama is not American born. A judge finally said enough and ordered one to pay court fees, to the tune of 177000 dollars.

Dude's determined to go broke. Claims he won't give up the fight. Go ahead, incur more fines on yourself.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

The real hilarity in all of this is the Tea Party's favorite for the next election is no longer Marco Rubio, but Ted Cruz instead. US Senator but born in Alberta, Canada.

From the WaPo
      Some People Are Alive Only Because It's Illegal To Kill Them.

Comment

Originally posted by crashhelmet View Post
        The real hilarity in all of this is the Tea Party's favorite for the next election is no longer Marco Rubio, but Ted Cruz instead. US Senator but born in Alberta, Canada.
        The birther movement will most likely argue that he's OK because 1) he's white and 2) he will more than likely do whatever the birther movement wants ANYWAY

Comment

From the WaPo
          Woah no! don't you try to use this to get him back here. We got rid of him once already. We don't want him back!

Comment

Simple solution: Annex Alberta to make it the 51st state. After all, there IS precedent for presidents who were born, not in the U.S., but in areas that became part of the U.S. before they were elected (e.g. George Washington was born in Virginia when it was a British colony, but it became a state in the U.S. before his election).

Comment

Originally posted by wolfie View Post
              Simple solution: Annex Alberta to make it the 51st state. After all, there IS precedent for presidents who were born, not in the U.S., but in areas that became part of the U.S. before they were elected (e.g. George Washington was born in Virginia when it was a British colony, but it became a state in the U.S. before his election).
              OH HELL NO! I don't want to be part of that mess you call a government.

Comment

From the WaPo
                Doesn't matter. Precedent has been set: George Romney was born in Mexico to US citizens, and he was allowed to run. John McCain was born in Panama (in the Canal Zone, which was under US control at the time). I think he'll be able to run, and he was always a better candidate to reach out to the Mexicans anyway (the Mexicans hate Cubans, Rubio doesn't have a chance with them).

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
                OH HELL NO! I don't want to be part of that mess you call a government.
                I don't think you have anything to fear. The last time we invaded Canada, we got our asses handed to us
                Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
                  Doesn't matter. Precedent has been set: George Romney was born in Mexico to US citizens, and he was allowed to run. John McCain was born in Panama (in the Canal Zone, which was under US control at the time).
                  I believe the requirement is "U.S. citizen by birth", not "born in the U.S." (although for George Washington and a few other early presidents, at the time of their birth there was no such thing as U.S. citizenship). For Romney (George? I thought his first name was Mitt), being born to U.S. citizens should have automatically (or at least with the proper paperwork being filed by his parents) made him a citizen. For McCain, I don't know about his parents, but he could have fit the same "pigeonhole", or the Canal Zone could have qualified as being U.S. territory).

Comment

Both of them are covered by the same rules that cover the military. Children born to US military men and women and their spouses while abroad are still US citizens.
                    I has a blog!

Comment

For Romney (George? I thought his first name was Mitt), being born to U.S. citizens should have automatically (or at least with the proper paperwork being filed by his parents) made him a citizen.
                      George Romney lost the Republican primary to Richard Nixon in 1968. Willard Mitt Romney is his son, and goes by Mitt.
                      "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
                      ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                        The birther movement will most likely argue that he's OK because 1) he's white and 2) he will more than likely do whatever the birther movement wants ANYWAY
                        I rather resent the notion that "birthers" are against Obama because of his skin color. to me that's right up there with the attitude that "if you don't support obama you're a racist"

Personally I also think he lied through his teeth. I'm not spending my time digging it up though because I think even if we had documentable proof that he lied, people would just ignore it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by PepperElf View Post
                          I rather resent the notion that "birthers" are against Obama because of his skin color.
                          I don't think all of them are against him because of his race. I think a lot of them are against him just because he's in the "wrong" political party. I can respect someone disagreeing with his policies, how he's doing his job, etc. But this birther shit just strikes me as stupid and childish.
                          --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I think a lot of them are against him just because he's in the "wrong" political party
                            Um "wrong political party" IS disagreeing with his politics. Or is that a roundabout way to mean something other than his politics?

As for "birther" being stupid and childish... remember, the basis of this was whether or not he lied in order to qualify to become the president. Now, granted that he's already elected it's moot. but it's not an invalid opinion either.

Heck, back in 08 people tried to claim that McCain wasn't qualified either because of his birth - except that he was born on a military base which qualifies as US soil.

Comment

Um "wrong political party" IS disagreeing with his politics.
                              Not necessarily. There are people who blindly follow their party. Their party can do no wrong, and the other party can do no right. Some people slam Obama, not because his policies are right or wrong, but because they have a blind hatred towards anyone and anything that's not a republican. If it had been a republican president doing the exact same things, they'd be praising them.

As for "birther" being stupid and childish... remember, the basis of this was whether or not he lied in order to qualify to become the president. Now, granted that he's already elected it's moot. but it's not an invalid opinion either.
                              They yelled and screamed about him "not being born in this country", and demanded to see a birth certificate. He eventually provided one. So then they yelled and screamed about how it was fake. Somehow I get the feeling that no amount of proof would have satisfied them.

Heck, back in 08 people tried to claim that McCain wasn't qualified either because of his birth - except that he was born on a military base which qualifies as US soil.
                              I don't recall people making nearly as much noise about that as they did about Obama.
                              --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

Working...
                              X