Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Speaking out on sex education...let's send death threats!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speaking out on sex education...let's send death threats!

http://sincitysiren.wordpress.com/20...fierce_flores/

I know the source isn't 100% reliable, but I thought I'd share this anyway. Basically, a woman spoke up about her own experiences involving sex ed (or lack thereof). She's now receiving death threats.

I can only hope she knew what she might be facing when she went public with this. It must've been very tough for her to do this. I hope the Powers That Be are listening, but I don't think I'd bet the rent money on it.

A good friend of mine is absolutely against mandatory sex education in schools, claiming it's the parents' responsibility. And yes, I have asked what if the parents aren't up to it for whatever reason ... then what? Her responses are usually rather vague, I think partly because she can't remember back to when she didn't know the basics of "the birds and the bees."

Comment

Originally posted by Pixilated View Post
      A good friend of mine is absolutely against mandatory sex education in schools, claiming it's the parents' responsibility.
      I agree that it is the parents responsibility, but I see nothing wrong with having it in schools. I think parents should be able to opt out of it for their kids if they want to. But there is a good chance that the parents who wouldnt talk to their kids also wouldnt waste time signing an opt out form.

Comment

Originally posted by bara View Post
        I agree that it is the parents responsibility, but I see nothing wrong with having it in schools. I think parents should be able to opt out of it for their kids if they want to. But there is a good chance that the parents who wouldnt talk to their kids also wouldnt waste time signing an opt out form.
        While I agree it's the parents responsibility, I can see a number of parents who either:

-don't bother to educate kids about sex, contraception, puberty, pregnancy and STI's correctly OR
        -don't bother to educate their kids at all.

Hence one of the reasons why I am strongly FOR sex education.

Comment

Working...
        X