Election Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Day!

I'm more excited about this than I was about our own federal election a few weeks ago. Probably because we didn't really expect a regime change here in Canada (In fact, the whole thing was a waste of time in my opinion. No party's position changed much.)

So my husband and I are looking for an election coverage drinking game. Any suggestions?

How about "exit polls"?

Comment

Take a shot every time a candidate's name is mentioned. That way, when the wrong candidate wins (and yes, whoever wins will be the wrong candidate ) you'll be too drunk to care. Chug the whole bottle every time a minor party candidate is mentioned.

Take a shot every time a state is "called" for one candidate or the other. Chug the whole bottle when they realize they called the state wrong and switch the colors.

Actually, if someone else comes up with some better suggestions, I'll probably implement them too. I'm having my very opinionated relatives over to watch the spectator sport, so some alcohol would come in handy-- as a cure for screaming-induced migraines.

Comment

Alls I know is, some asshole of a friend spam texted everyone in her contact list to remind everyone about HOW to vote. At 9:30 in the fucking morning. Today is my day off. I was sleeping quite nicely up until that point. I didn't even hear my roommate get up at 7am.

But that's not all. I managed to fall asleep a lil later only to be awakened again at 11am to be spam texted by another friend to make sure we all vote.

FUCK OFF! I WANT TO SLEEP! NO ONE IS GOING TO FORGET TO VOTE!!!
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
          FUCK OFF! I WANT TO SLEEP! NO ONE IS GOING TO FORGET TO VOTE!!!
          Don't forget to vote.

Comment

I'm not voting. Not because I don't WANT to...but I've moved and am still registered in my old town and don't feel like driving there (and not entirely sure of the legality of that, anyway). Still haven't gotten around to changing my address and name from getting married. Maybe in 4 years. :P

Comment

Originally posted by Kaylyn View Post
              I'm not voting. Not because I don't WANT to...but I've moved and am still registered in my old town and don't feel like driving there (and not entirely sure of the legality of that, anyway). Still haven't gotten around to changing my address and name from getting married. Maybe in 4 years. :P

If you're still registered under your old address/name, as far as they know nothing's changed. I did the same thing today. I REALLY need to update my info...but at least I got to vote. Really, if you feel up to it, reconsider making the drive.

Comment

Took today off from work. Actually woke up the same time I normally would thank to hungry cats.....got to my polls at 7am, out at 7:15 Wore a huge grin the rest of the day.....and actually hit the *gasp* mall real early, and got most of my xmas shopping done.

Went hiking, got dinner, now waiting to watch various coverage. At the risk of sounding corny, I haven't felt this good since my first vote when I was 18.

Comment

Originally posted by spookysonata View Post
                  If you're still registered under your old address/name, as far as they know nothing's changed. I did the same thing today. I REALLY need to update my info...but at least I got to vote. Really, if you feel up to it, reconsider making the drive.
                  Yup I moved to an entirely NEW state, but it was only a couple weeks ago, and WELL within the time limit for registering my new address.... so I just applied for an absentee ballot.

Which actually is better, because my old state is a battleground state (Florida), and my new one is... well... taken (Texas).

So my vote could sway the way an entire state leans.

Comment

Originally posted by spookysonata View Post
                    If you're still registered under your old address/name, as far as they know nothing's changed.
                    that's why I love my state-walked in to no line-filled out my new registration form for a new address(proof of address is a bank statement, utility bill, or lease) got handed my ballot and I was done-under 5 minutes!!!!

sadly everyone that voted early had to wait in 2-3 hour long lines because everyone expected everyone to vote after work. I was the only one in my polling place other than the workers-chatted with one of them she said it's been dead since around 2pm.
                    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

I got pretty lucky. I live in such a small town in Jersey that my fiance and i were both in and out in about 5 minutes. And that was at about 7:15 this morning.

Comment

I had it much easier. I did an absentee ballot. NJ and PA went exactly as I expected.
                        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Oregon has mail in ballots. I love filling out my paperwork with a nice glass of wine in my comfy desk chair at my leisure

Comment

What I really liked about the mail in ballots was that I could see all my options and I was able to research them all online.

Comment

Supposedly it was a long wait everywhere else in town, but where I voted there was not really a line and I was in and out in about 5 minutes or less.

Comment

Working...
                              X