X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well played, Obama...

http://www.reddit.com/r/ThanksObama/...me_over_folks/

Link name is rather self-explanatory
    "Judge not, lest ye get shot in your bed while your sleep." - Liz, The Dreadful
    "If you villainize people who contest your points, you will eventually find yourself surrounded by enemies that you made." - Philip DeFranco

Just ran out of pretzels to eat while I wait for my wife to get back from her training.

Thanks, Obama.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Link name is rather self-explanatory
      Not really, no... and the page it goes to won't load.

Edit: got the page to load. It's a bunch of comments with no apparent content on which TO comment, which makes even less sense than merely not loading. Could somebody please explain, in text, what this is supposed to be about?
      "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post

Edit: got the page to load. It's a bunch of comments with no apparent content on which TO comment, which makes even less sense than merely not loading. Could somebody please explain, in text, what this is supposed to be about?
        It's Obama's take on the "Thanks Obama" meme.

http://webm.land/media/kiti.webm

Comment

What's the big deal? It's a self deprecating video. So what?

I thought it was funny.
          Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
            What's the big deal? It's a self deprecating video. So what?

I thought it was funny.
            Well it was originally used unironically (originally with the ACA) as a "something bad happened to me, it must be Obama's fault somehow because I hate him", then devolved into the meme of "something bad happened, it's Obama's fault somehow". Obama using it was more taking the piss on it than self depreciating. A lot of Obama supporters are using the video to point how how stupid it is when their political opponents use it ironically.

Comment

Originally posted by lordlundar View Post
              Well it was originally used unironically (originally with the ACA) as a "something bad happened to me, it must be Obama's fault somehow because I hate him", then devolved into the meme of "something bad happened, it's Obama's fault somehow". Obama using it was more taking the piss on it than self depreciating. A lot of Obama supporters are using the video to point how how stupid it is when their political opponents use it ironically.
              I have to go to work on Tuesday.

Thanks, Obama.
              Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post

It's reddit. That site sucks too much of the time... is a lousy place to link to unless the content's not available anywhere else on the Internet.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                  I have to go to work on Tuesday.

Thanks, Obama.
                  I got to stay home on Tuesday. Thanks Obama
                  Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

So, in other words, it's self explanatory in no way whatsoever, not only not the URL, but not even on the page it links to either, because it's completely nonsensical without this information (and thank you for providing it) which is not contained in either of those places?

It's reddit. That site sucks too much of the time... is a lousy place to link to unless the content's not available anywhere else on the Internet.
                    Looks that way.
                    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
                    X