No announcement yet.

candidate for town council............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• candidate for town council............

tells a secretary that when he is elected she will lose her job and the Department of Public Works will have their budget cut in half, because a plow truck knocked over his mail box.
    http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...1408/150219180

He seems to be forgetting a few things:

- He hasn't been elected yet. This is a golden opportunity for his opponents to point out what public works does for people (considering the idiot has threatened to cut their budget in half, I'm sure someone in the department would be GLAD to provide this information), and that they'd risk losing if they vote for Mr. "WAAH! A snowplow hit my mailbox!".

- Even if he were elected, he'd be just one person on council. The others, knowing what public works does, would outvote him on the move.

- If he were able to get away with it, he'd have a hard time getting re-elected. When people find out what they were losing due to his tantrum (again, people whose jobs were at stake due to the massive cut would be GLAD to point this out), he'd be out on his ass next election.

Comment

He's also forgetting that the council doesn't have the authority to fire a town employee; the department head does that, or the city manager.

And if he tried it, it would be grounds to remove him from office.

I swear, sometimes people get an over inflated idea of how much power elected office really gives you, at least at the local level.

At the local level, it ain't that much.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Working...
      X