Giuloiani says that Obama does NOT love America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giuloiani says that Obama does NOT love America

When is someone going to stick a towel in this guys mouth and shut him up. This guy is becoming this generations Gen Douglas McAurthor. JUST fade away and leave us in peace

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...n_6712428.html

Then the next day he claims his remarks are NOT rascist because Obama had a white mother, a white Grandmother, went to white schools and was around white people

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...ist/ar-BBhLSB7
    I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
    The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

To quote Brad Loekle, that's like saying I'm black because I shook Oprah's hand once.

Comment

I'd say it's more like saying he's black because he shook a coal miner's hand once.

Comment

"He wasn't brought up the way you were brought up."

Does anyone hear a man of privilege talking to other men of privilege about that 'uppity black man' in the White House?

Then he goes on, "With all our flaws we’re the most exceptional country in the world." As if recognizing the flaws and working to fix them was somehow not a sign of loving one's nation? It's the people who stand in the way of fixing those flaws *cough*conservative*right-leaning*cough* that really don't love the US.
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

We Get It, He's Black(tm)

-.-

Comment

"Maybe it's even broader than that he doesn't express love of America enough," Giuliani said on Fox News. "I don't also believe he expresses the love of Western civilization that he should, or an understanding of Western civilization, or what Western civilization has brought to the world."
            He needs to stop talking.

Comment

Ok, and feel free to correct me if I misunderstood, but did Giuliani state that Obama doesn't love America because Obama doesn't believe that groups like ISIL represent Islam? It sounds like he's a bigot either way.

Comment

I've made this comparison before, but for Obama to not believe that groups like ISIL represent Islam is like him believing that groups like the Westboro Baptist Church don't represent Christianity.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
                  Ok, and feel free to correct me if I misunderstood, but did Giuliani state that Obama doesn't love America because Obama doesn't believe that groups like ISIL represent Islam? It sounds like he's a bigot either way.
                  No, you got it right.

What Giuliani and other conservatives like to forget is that Bush said the same exact thing about al-Queda.

Both Bush and Obama understand that we're not at war with Islam. We're at war with a bunch of thugs who use religion as their excuse for everything they do.

These fuckers kill more of their own people than they do of anyone else.

It's like people like Giuliani have to invent ways to criticize Obama to keep the news cycle going and their base fired up.
                  Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

I don't know about Barack, but Michelle Obama sure made her position clear, insisting that "America is a downright mean country" that "for the first time, in my adult lifetime, I'm really proud of..." :P

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                      It's the people who stand in the way of fixing those flaws *cough*conservative*right-leaning*cough* that really don't love the US.
                      Sorry, but I take exception to this.

Comment

Originally posted by mjr View Post
                        Sorry, but I take exception to this.
                        Aaaaaand what? This is a debate forum. "I don't agree" isn't good enough - how about a rebuttal, or proof to support your position of not agreeing, or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by the_std View Post
                          Aaaaaand what? This is a debate forum. "I don't agree" isn't good enough - how about a rebuttal, or proof to support your position of not agreeing, or anything?
                          It's a broad brush and a blanket statement. I'm sure I can find right-leaning Conservatives who love this country as much (or more) than some Liberals do.

I could say Liberals don't love this country because they're more interested in touchy-feely things like teaching kids how to put a condom on a banana, and that some kids have two mommies or daddies, and trying to make sure that no one "feels bad" or is "offended" than how to read, write, and such.

It works both ways.

Comment

If someone is using their power and wealth to undermine democracy and fair competition, then no they don't love this country, they are simply exploiting it. This isn't a Republican or Democrat statement, but it's a statement that reflects on a lot of the most powerful and wealthy in this country, both in the private and public sector.

There's absolutely no comparison to one who wishes to change sex education. And even in certain cases where one is misguided (as I do believe is the case in certain situations where we can't dare say one is behind if they can't read at their grade level) it doesn't mean they don't love this country.

Are you seriously saying one cannot take on issues they feel should change in this country in order to love it? Someone can't say, "This country would be better if we did X"?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHuckster View Post
                              If someone is using their power and wealth to undermine democracy and fair competition, then no they don't love this country, they are simply exploiting it. This isn't a Republican or Democrat statement, but it's a statement that reflects on a lot of the most powerful and wealthy in this country, both in the private and public sector.
                              This you could sell me on.

Are you seriously saying one cannot take on issues they feel should change in this country in order to love it? Someone can't say, "This country would be better if we did X"?
                              Absolutely not. People can take on whatever issues they want. However, I would like to point out that I'm not the one who, in another thread, said that "right-leaning conservatives" don't love this country.

I do believe, however, that there is a right way and a wrong way to take on an issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X