Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got something hilarious from the Republicans...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got something hilarious from the Republicans...

The Republican National Committee doesn't know me very well...

They sent me a "push poll" questionnaire. I'm thinking of either completing it with weird-ass answers, even though it's mostly check boxes, or just sending them a letter instead saying "both major parties suck, and both are corrupt".

It also had a little form on it that asked for a donation. I'm like "screw that".

Every now and then I entertain the idea of running for office. Though I don't think anyone would vote for me. People probably wouldn't like a lot of my ideas.

I got something like that awhile back, when my wife and I were registered as republican. I don't have any loyalty toward either party -- I think they're both a bunch of incompetent crooks -- but we change our affiliation when there's someone we want to vote for in the primary, or against, the latter usually being the case.

Some of the questions they were asking were just bat-shit crazy, and at the end they asked for a donation. That's all the questionnaire really was -- a thinly veiled request for money. I gave them a bunch of answers I figured they wouldn't like, left the donation part blank, and sent it in. Oh, they sent it in a postage-paid envelope, but asked to at least put on a stamp to help them out with the cost of the mailings. Fuck that, I didn't ask for it, and I'm not even going to waste a stamp on any politician. They have too much of our money already.

About a month later, I received another copy of the same questionnaire. I'm guessing they didn't even look at my answers, just decided to hit me up for money again. This time, I gave the same answers, and scribbled the word "No!" across the entire donation section, and sent it back. And no, I still didn't waste a stamp on them.

Funny, they never sent me that again.
    --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I got the same kind of poll a few days ago.

Which is really funny considering the last time a Republican Poll worker knocked on my door (2012) I worked her up into a lather when I started debunking her birther theories about Obama.
      Good news! Your insurance company says they'll cover you. Unfortunately, they also say it will be with dirt.

Comment

Originally posted by Panacea View Post
        I worked her up into a lather when I started debunking her birther theories about Obama.
        LOL!!!!

Did she mention he was an atheist Kenyan Muslim space alien Communist?? Or whatever the crazy thought is? Yes, I've actually seen comments where people refer to President Obama as an "atheist Muslim". How does that even make sense? The two are mutually exclusive.

The birther thing cracks me up, and I didn't even vote for President Obama. Turns out, it was a brilliant troll job by Hillary Clinton (she actually started the birther thing -- look it up).

Though I did jokingly tell my wife that during his last speech before the next election, he should end it like "The Rock"...

"If you smelllll...what Barack...is...cookin'!"

Comment

Working...
        X