• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: 70 percent of Americans believe news media is intentionally biased

Blinding flash of the obvious alert...

WARNING!! Site auto plays video

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/po...rticle/2567583
    Last edited by mjr; 07-07-2015, 01:22 AM.

another interpretation in that 30% of the American population are utter fools. Just about everything is biased in some way- it's why you should read/watch more than one source of news, and from across the political spectrum. (it allows you to get a better idea of what actually occurred- though there IS some skill involved in figuring out what parts are bullshit)

Comment

Originally posted by s_stabeler View Post
      another interpretation in that 30% of the American population are utter fools.
      Well, it's at least a lower percentage than I had thought before.

Comment

The best part of this article is that the woman in the video is an extremely good friend of mine! WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Yea, it's not too shocking. Nearly every news source, (100% in the case of major news networks) have very obvious biases and anyone disagreeing is only fooling themselves.
        Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

another interpretation in that 30% of the American population are utter fools.
          That was admittedly my first thought as well. I'm far more concerned about that 30% than the 70%. >.>

Comment

I'd like to take a moment to point out that not the entire rest of the 30% that didn't not they disagreed with the statement "overall, the news media tries to report the news without bias" didn't also say they agreed.

That said, the question is mostly useless. "The news media" is such a huge mass of different groups that trying to characterize them as a single mass is just plain stupid.

Honestly, only the 6% who neither agreed nor disagreed are really thinking things through.

Also, that site loads auto-play video - there needs to be a warning. >_<
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post

Also, that site loads auto-play video - there needs to be a warning. >_<
              Done. I added a note to my original post.

Comment

Just about everything is biased in some way- it's why you should read/watch more than one source of news, and from across the political spectrum.
                But Fox News is Fair and Balanced(tm). Now excuse me while I prepare my lunch - a Kosher(tm) bacon cheeseburger.

Comment

Working...
                X