Donald Trump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donald Trump

Despite his inflammatory statements about immigrants and despite the fact the many of his business partners have cut ties with him, Trump is currently leading or close to leading most Republican polls right now.

Did you ever think you'd see the day?

when you consider that the usual suspects in the Tea party actually have outright said they agree with him, no I am not surprised. ( the only good thing, I suppose, is that I'm 99% certain he would lose the presidential election)

Comment

On the upside, thanks to Gawker he is the entire first page of Google search results for "Delusional Cheese Creature".

Comment

I think "despite" is the wrong word. "Because" is closer.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

The man is certifiably insane.

Also, I don't believe he's an American. He refuses to show his long form birth certificate and as such, I believe he's really a foreigner.
          Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

personally, I absolutely love that people think that someone who'se businesses keep running up too much debt, then declaring bankruptcy (he's actually outright said it was a deliberate strategy in the past) would manage the National Debt appropriately.

Comment

Is he any crazier than the rest of the Republican field?
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

On individual metrics, not really, but in aggregate, probably.
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I'm becoming more and more convinced that Trump is just trolling for attention at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                    On the upside, thanks to Gawker he is the entire first page of Google search results for "Delusional Cheese Creature".
                    And thanks to Jon Stewart, 4,240 search results for "Fuckface von Clownstick."

I think it speaks volumes to the fact that even conservatives are getting sick of the GOP's shit when the candidate in the lead is the one who is indisputably the least qualified for the job (even less qualified than Carly Fiorina by virtue of having a much longer train-wreck of a career as a business leader).

And I fully believe he's trolling. Every single word he has said, every single aspect of his alleged campaign just screams "publicity stunt."
                    Last edited by Kara_CS; 07-10-2015, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kara_CS View Post
                      And I fully believe he's trolling. Every single word he has said, every single aspect of his alleged campaign just screams "publicity stunt."
                      It wouldn't surprise me. Trump's 15 minutes of fame have long since expired. He's a remnant of 1980s-era excessive consumption, and simply needs to disappear back into the woodwork where he belongs. At this point, he'll do and say anything for the attention. Right now, he's nothing more than a common street whore.

Also consider this--with all his money, The Donald can't even afford a decent hairpiece? What's up with that?

Comment

He's not trolling. He actually believes the crap he's spewing.

Basically, he spent so much time handing out the KoolAid that he started drinking it himself.

That, plus an ego that won't even fit in his eponymous tower, equals the train wreck that's slowly ongoing right now.
                        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Greenday View Post
                          Also, I don't believe he's an American. He refuses to show his long form birth certificate and as such, I believe he's really a foreigner.
                          I say he's definitely an American - don't go trying to palm your garbage off on another country.

Comment

I'm not sure he actually believes what he's spewing BUT I damned sure think he's doing it on purpose because he knows the money and exposure it will bring him.

Comment

And now his quote about his daughter from 2006 is coming back to bite him. He was asked in an interview how he would feel about her posing in Playboy, since she had been a teen model.

"It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine.”
                              He added: “I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

He later said he was "joking," that he was making fun of the fact that he's known for dating much younger women. But that's still a really fucking creepy thing to say about your daughter.

Comment

Working...
                              X