Susan Boyle didn't win 1st place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Susan Boyle didn't win 1st place

The fact that she didn't become the HUGE winner that people expected doesn't surprise me. I saw that coming from a mile away.

Originally posted by Bright Star View Post
    I saw that coming from a mile away.
    How so? Did you see something in her that you knew people wouldn't like?

Comment

To put it bluntly, she was the flavour of the month, she had a decent voice, but she didn't have stage presence.
      I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
      Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Honestly, who gives a shit. Oh wow, she surprised people. Big ass whoopee do. Like she said above, she was the flavor of the month.

Comment

She still stands to make millions, tho.
          "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
            She still stands to make millions, tho.

Again, who cares.

Comment

You care, otherwise you wouldn't be replying to this thread. For the record, I don't really care either way; I watch shows like that mainly to laugh at the pathetic auditions. I just think it's funny that a lot of people are either saying, "Ha ha you lost!" to Susan, or thinking that Simon Cowel is being very kind in sponsering her. He's not. She stands to make millions, therefore he wants in.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Who the hell is Susan Boyle?
                Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

She's this lady

Comment

She's sounds better than most amateurs, but considering I love that song, I'm not overly impressed.
                    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Comment

What bothered me about the whole Susan Boyle thing was that everyone was SOOOOO STUNNED that she could sing. Yeah, the lady could sing, she was amazing. But they were not so amazed at her talent as they were the fact that she was supposedly "homely." I mean, what, a plain lady can't ever have a voice? Seriously?

She was a plain, unassuming middle aged woman. Big fat hairy deal, she looked better than half of same and worse than the other half. People were carrying on like she was Quasifuckingmodo and how amazing it was that such a grusome troll could sing so well.

And about that, even if she WAS a hideously deformed freak of nature, it's STILL not suprising that she could sing.

Consider this: if she was attractive, she would not be being spammed to everyone with an email account.

I thought the implication that physical beauty equals talent and the lack of one must mean the lack of the other to be offensive.

Comment

I'm usually more amazed when one discovers a great singing voice in a very attractive package. That's one person with two lucky rolls of the genetic dice.

I know of three other middle-aged women in my community alone that can sing as well as Susan Boyle. The only difference between them and her is that she appeared on television.

Nice singing voices aren't terribly rare. Great looks aren't terribly rare. Great looks and a nice singing voice in the same package is rare, and that's why those people are the superstars.

Watching the video of Ms. Boyle's first appearance, what struck me was her seeming obliviousness to the original snickers of the audience. I think she won many people over during that moment she ground her hips and said, "And that's just one side of me!" There was no self-consciousness whatsoever. I suspect the audience was taken aback by the gall of a plain and awkward woman appearing on TV, and being so unapologetic about it. I think that's when they started to root for her.

Comment

In my experience, the girls I knew with the most amazing voices (at least in college) were usually pretty average or even comely looking.

*shrug*

You don't have to look good to sing well. What's so astonishing about that?

You just have to look good AND sing well to be popular. I think it's cool that someone who is fairly normal got so far and succeeded as she did.

I didn't watch the competition and I couldn't care less who won or lost. If the contest winner was the better of the two finalists, then well...they should have won! End of story.

What's the excitement about?
                          "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
                          "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

I'm glad that a very homely retarded woman got that far on a "look at me" contest.
                            But I couldn't have been the only one to predict a stress related break down.

Comment

Working...
                            X