Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One Makes You a Pedo, but the Other Doesn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Makes You a Pedo, but the Other Doesn't?

Uzuki-Chan Wants to Hang Out is an Anime that portrays Hana Uzuki, a 19-year-old college student, pursuing a relationship with Shinichi Sakurai, a 20-year-old fellow college student. Hana is a short woman with huge breasts. For some reason, some people think that the people that like her design are pedophiles.

However, a movie released by Netflix, called Cuties, has real 11-year-old girls doing sexually charged dancing, exposing their breasts, and trying to take pictures of an 11-year-old boy's crotch. Somehow, the backlash of this movie is "right-wing propaganda" despite most left-wingers and centrists find this movie disgusting.

These controversies put together completely baffle me.
    Corey Taylor is correct. Man is a "four letter word."

My understanding is that Cuties is actually a movie meant to show how disgusting beauty pageants for children are. It's not meant to be enjoyed it's meant to make you go "that's not fucking right we should stop allowing those things to happen"
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
      My understanding is that Cuties is actually a movie meant to show how disgusting beauty pageants for children are. It's not meant to be enjoyed it's meant to make you go "that's not fucking right we should stop allowing those things to happen"
      From that quote, it sounds like it's framed as a pre-teen coming of age story with disapproving parents, which is a cliché at this point. Also, many people think that the portrayal of the girls undercuts the message of the movie.

List of questionable scenes according to IMDB.

-----

I have become aware that ANOTHER movie called Cuties has been released in 2020. I am not referring to that horror movie.

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
        Uzuki-Chan Wants to Hang Out is an Anime that portrays Hana Uzuki, a 19-year-old college student, pursuing a relationship with Shinichi Sakurai, a 20-year-old fellow college student. Hana is a short woman with huge breasts. For some reason, some people think that the people that like her design are pedophiles.

However, a movie released by Netflix, called Cuties, has real 11-year-old girls doing sexually charged dancing, exposing their breasts, and trying to take pictures of an 11-year-old boy's crotch. Somehow, the backlash of this movie is "right-wing propaganda" despite most left-wingers and centrists find this movie disgusting.

These controversies put together completely baffle me.
        I love how the blowback is "right-wing propaganda," since the movie sounds awful to me and I'm definitely not right-wing anything.

And yes, I fail to understand how a movie with a 19-year-old, in a relationship with a 20-year-old, is somehow ... a lure to pedophiles. And yet a movie with 11-year-olds twerking is "art." Or whatever it's supposed to be.
        Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong.
        ~ Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Uzuki-Chan is TV show.

Too many artists redraw Hana, claiming to "fix" her. The problem is that they make her look like an FTM pre-op transgender person.

Also, the makers of Uzuki-Chan have announced a second season. That suggests that the controversy has helped the TV anime.

Comment

The "controversy" over Uzuki-Chan is ridiculous and I am not convinced it wasn't contained to like, 5 people on a subreddit. >.>

Comment

Actually, it's been a tempest in a teapot on Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gravekeeper View Post
                The "controversy" over Uzuki-Chan is ridiculous and I am not convinced it wasn't contained to like, 5 people on a subreddit. >.>
                One thing I forgot to mention was that the controversy actually convinced the Japanese Red Cross to take down images of Uzuki from their buses. That decision cause blood donations to take a huge nose dive. The Red Cross put Uzaki back on the buses.

It looks like the controversy did actual harm.

Comment

Originally posted by catcul View Post
                  Hana is a short woman with huge breasts. For some reason, some people think that the people that like her design are pedophiles.
                  People who aren't used to anime might think she looks like a child. She's got a childlike face with huge eyes, plus the short stature. Though yes, her bust should be a clue.

And the other one you posted about sounds disgusting.
                  People behave as if they were actors in their own reality show. -- Panacea
                  If you're gonna be one of the people who say it's time to make America great again, stop being one of the reasons America isn't great right now. --Jester

Comment

Working...
                  X