no stories of modern heroism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
    And Buff had her emo moments sometimes but she still saved the world a lot and died twice herself. Angel wasn't always in the best mood but he stepped up and literally went through hell and helped save the world multiple times. You can be heroic and still have emotions,
    Firstly, Angel went through hell because he went evil and tried to destroy the world, not out of any suffering to save it, as Spike said, you had your soul forced on you, you didn't choose it, Spike is more a hero than Angel or Buffy, he actually chose that path, rather than have it forced on him.

Originally posted by smileyeagle1021 View Post
    ... and batman is not the hero that Gotham deserves... but he is the hero she needs...
    Geek.
    I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
    Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

and either Angel or Buffy could have chosen a different path but didn't.

Comment

I consider a true hero to be someone who steps up and volunteers to protect others because they want too, not because they have to or feel they need to repent for something.
        I am a sexy shoeless god of war!
        Minus the sexy and I'm wearing shoes.

Comment

Buffy could have walked away any number of times but she didn't.

Angel had a chance to be human, live with the love of his life and be free, but when he realized he couldn't protect those he loved he chose to go back to being a vampire and give up true love.

Also I'm still waiting on the rest of the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Nyoibo View Post

Geek.
            you say that as if it's a bad thing
            "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Part of it I think is simply put... people are NOT that brave.

Think of everyone you know, and yourself included, is anyone really THAT brave/courageous that they would drop EVERYTHING and risk EVERYTHING for some reason?

Probably not.

Hence the problem with 'modern day' settings, is I think people are more critical of it because it's supposed to be in the 'here and now' as oppose to fantasy or sci fi or whatever hwich is generally so far fetched it's easy for a reader to think 'oh yea it was in old timey days things were different' or what have you.

just a thought.

Comment

Working...
              X