Smug vegetarian on "Come Dine With Me"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smug vegetarian on "Come Dine With Me"

I watched an episode of Come Dine With Me, and one guy was a vegetarian who was unbearably smug. Honestly, I would have smacked him one if I'd been there.

For the Americans; Come Dine With Me is a programme where four different people cook meals for the group and then give marks out of ten. Whoever gets the highest score wins £1000. On this episode, the guy Ray stood out as a total arsehole. He talked about himself the whole time and tried to convert everyone.

Seriously, watch this episode and tell me what you think.

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/c...ne-with-me/4od

Scroll down to Series 8 Episode 5.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Jerks are jerks no matter their dining preferences.
    I may have respect for those able to stay vegetarian, because it is an unnatural human diet. But I wouldn't tolerate a smug bastard.

Weird, I could deal with a vegetarian saddened, grossed out, or horror stricken at meat dishes, but smug crosses a line for me.

Comment

One of my friends is like that; grossed out, I mean. She can't bear to watch people eating meat; so if we go out to eat, we tend to visit pizza places so that she doesn't have to. Somehow it doesn't count for pepperoni. XD

I may have respect for those able to stay vegetarian, because it is an unnatural human diet. But I wouldn't tolerate a smug bastard.
      Heh. XD Finally, we agree on something, You're right; there's just something about smug that gets your teeth on edge. -.-
      "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

It's the whole "I'm better than you attitude." It doesn't seem to matter what it is, but when someone gets like that, most people can't deal with it.

I don't mind if you do your thing and I do mine. But keep the "holier than thou" shit to yourself. That just makes you an ass.
        "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
        "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

I agree, and I have met more than one vegetarian that was not content to just do their thing while I do mine.

I have the teeth of an omnivore for a reason. I have canines. So you do. You don't want to use yours, fine. More charred corpse for me.

It annoys the hell out of me when I have to hear how my diet is "bloody" or "cruel" or "barbaric." That is the world, right there, and my kind evolved here. So if you don't want to eat meat, fine. If you don't want ME to eat it, how about this? Eat me.

I don't sit there and say what I think about other people's great love of alfalfa. I don't deserve to be called names over the choices I make for my own health.

I'm sure there are plenty of vegetarians here and so far, I don't mean any of you. It's the ones that sit there when I'm trying to eat my food and pretend that they are about to vomit because they saw some bacon. Oh, for crying out loud, grow a pair, eh?

I once said, on an anti sugar board, that grains should not replace more nutrient dense food such as brocolli and blueberries and the next thing I knew some dickless little creep who clearly needed more protien in his diet was banging on about how meat eaters were evil. How he made that leap, I'm not sure. Like I said, maybe he needed some bacon. Idiot.
          Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 10-28-2009, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Don't forget the Vegan women, and how it seems their thing is to prance around naked where ever they go.

Comment

I love the feeling of my canines ripping in to a succulent vegetable

I've seen more asshole veg*ns online, and more asshole omnis in real life. Stupidity runs rampant on all sides (same can be side for any ideology or belief system)

Comment

Originally posted by Cat View Post

I've seen more asshole veg*ns online, and more asshole omnis in real life.
                You know what? You are absolutely right. What is up with that? It's true.
                Last edited by Boozy; 10-30-2009, 12:39 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

vegans are too malnourished to put up any kind of fight outside.
                  Any comment I make should not be taken as an absolute, unless I say it should be. Even this one.

Comment

[QUOTE=RecoveringKinkoid;35739]
                    Originally posted by Cat View Post

I've seen more asshole veg*ns online, and more asshole omnis in real life. QUOTE]

You know what? You are absolutely right. What is up with that? It's true.
                    You'll see more arseholes online because there's a break between them and their opponents - it's safe having the barrier of the computer screen between them.

Rapscallion
                    Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                    Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
                      Ha, I'm mostly vegan an pretty bloody healthy....."true" vegans are just trying to get an army of vampire carrots to do their deeds

(ok, terrible joke, but its early and I need stuff to read at work)

Comment

Originally posted by BroomJockey View Post
                        Tell that to these guys.

http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/

Comment

Originally posted by violetyoshi View Post
                          Don't forget the Vegan women, and how it seems their thing is to prance around naked where ever they go.
                          I didn't realise there was a link between veganism and naturism.

Or for that matter, veganism and choosing to go skyclad. Can you explain?

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post
                            I didn't realise there was a link between veganism and naturism.

Or for that matter, veganism and choosing to go skyclad. Can you explain?

Maybe the gals just like showin' off the boobies? ( I don't......well, not in public)

Comment

I know several vegans, and I have never seen them naked. Thank the lord.

Comment

Working...
                              X