Another one bites the dust!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another one bites the dust!

The new reality show "Anchorwoman" was pulled off the air after just one episode due to low ratings. For those that don't know what the show is, it is a reality show about some model named Lauren Jones (fake boobs and blonde) that is working as an anchorwoman. To me, this symbolizes the hope that maybe the rest of America is getting tired of trash tv, namely the reality kind that try to pull in viewers with its sex appeal. There are frankly alot of shows coming to Fox this fall that look like they lack intelligence and substance, and I halfway expect will not make it but one season.

There are hundreds of shows that are in development competing for a fall line-up at Fox, ABC, and others. Usually, about 10 are picked up by the stations. Frankly, I don't see how a concept, such as a dumb blonde with no substance performing a anchorwoman job, even get as far as a casting call. It does not take a rocket scientist to see that this is not good television. And many of them seem scripted.

There is some decent reality tv.....I actually like Jack-Ass(though some people hate it, it is just a bunch of guys having fun), watch American Idol occasionally. Cops is the original reality show that I will always be a fan of. I'm not big on the "nanny" shows, which seem very edited and scripted. Same goes for "Top Model".

That is the only things. Too many shows gets picked up, and all the good & funny ones are being taking off the air. But they leave BS on the tv. I am tired of seeing reality shows on every channel, at any given time.

Comment

I've absolutely despised the so-called "Reality" shows from the beginning. If networks want to carry them, that's fine, but why do they have to make up 99.9% of the programming?
      --- I want the republicans out of my bedroom, the democrats out of my wallet, and both out of my first and second amendment rights. Whether you are part of the anal-retentive overly politically-correct left, or the bible-thumping bellowing right, get out of the thought control business --- Alan Nathan

Comment

I'm glad that show is gone just because how they always referred to Lauren Jones as a "WWE Diva", when she was only on TV for like a couple weeks at the most. I'm a big wrestling fan and it's bad enough when wrestling takes heat for stuff it deserves, don't blame it for foisting that ninny on America plz.

Comment

If you think THAT'S bad, now there is a new channel - FOX REALITY! Reality TV all the freakin' time!

Granted....there are SOME good shows on there, but the rest is just the same re-hashed tripe.

Comment

Hopefully, someone up there will see sense and Firefly season 2 will happen... *prays to any and all passing deities*.

Dragonlover

Comment

I loved that reality show that made fun of reality shows. I think it was "Joe Schmo"

Now that was funny.

Take one guy. Make him think he's on a reality show kind of like Big Brother.
              Add a cast of stereotypical reality show types (the gay guy, the ex-marine, the conniving bitch, the sweet virginal young girl, the total jerk, the tramp, the quack therapist, the rich snob, the best buddy type) and mix in a really smarmy host.

The best thing about it? It's the kind of reality show that really, can only be done once.
              Point to Ponder:

Is it considered irony when someone on an internet forum makes a post that can be considered to look like it was written by a 3rd grade dropout, and they are poking fun of the fact that another person couldn't spell?

Comment

Originally posted by Ree View Post
                I loved that reality show that made fun of reality shows. I think it was "Joe Schmo"
                I LOVED that show!

I'm glad someone else watched it. No one ever knew what I was talking about when I mentioned it.

Comment

Originally posted by squall View Post
                  T Cops is the original reality show that I will always be a fan of.
                  I've watched Cops since the beginning. Another favorite is the "wildest police chase" shows that are sometimes on, mainly because they are not scripted, and anything can happen. Most "reality" TV shows are so fake, it's not even funny. I gave up on American Chopper and American Hot Rod for that reason. Nearly every show involved drama, impossible deadlines, and people just being asses. Sure, the mechanical stuff was fun to see, but the rest? Please.

Comment

*prays along with Dragonlover* Oh mighty network talking heads, hear our plea.

When it comes to tv, I think that it's geared towards the idiots of the world because they're the ones that watch it the most. I don't know what the norm is, but in my little geek cluster, most of us don't watch tv. We're too busy on the computer. The odd sci-fi might gain patronage, but we're hardly the target market of the networks.

So really, it doesn't surprise me that most shows are painful idiocy. Got to keep the masses complacent somehow.

Comment

Well the writers guild of america has gone on strike. the last time this happened it took 5 months for them to get back to work and several months more to get thigns back to full normalcy. So if thigns go on for any length of time expect more "reality" "unscripted" shows to be on the air as the strike does not affect news programming, sports programming, or game shows and reality shows...

Oh joyous rapture.......

Comment

Originally posted by rahmota View Post
                        Well the writers guild of america has gone on strike. the last time this happened it took 5 months for them to get back to work and several months more to get thigns back to full normalcy.
                        No "Daily Show" for a while. I'm going to have withdrawals.

Comment

COPS has been on since either 1987 or 1988. I think it's fair to say that COPS is a great reality show and shouldn't be lumped with trash reality shows.

Another great "reality" show is Ghost Hunters. Although I think some of it is probably fake, it's not a dating show or a contest!

I'm so sick of these reality dating shows and contests. Who really wants Tila Tequila anyway? Do you really want VD? Who the hell really wants New York? And who really cares who gets around the world the fastest?!

Comment

Working...
                          X