Music and cars - I love the classics. I guess that makes me "out of touch."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
    I love classic rock. It's my favorite genre. I would much rather listen to Led Zeppelin or RUSH any day over most of the crap they have now.
    QFT - 99% of the stuff out there is complete shit (except when Fergie (sp?) does some classic rock cover).

I think it's funny when some artist today comes out with a cover of a classic rock song and everyone who listens to it thinks it is an original. Yeah, go look up (insert artist). One person even though Supertramp's "Breakfast in America" was a cover of the (poorly done) cover that came out a few years ago.

Of course, no one believes me when I tell them Quiet Riot's "Cum On Feel The Noize" is a cover (the original was done by Slade).

I even got accused of being racist for my views. (snip) Same thing with rap - I think it's the worst music on the planet, 90% of rap artists just talk about bitches, hoes and killing cops. Plus they steal and ruin classic rock songs to make their junk. Of course, I'm racist because as you know all rap artists are black.
    I've been called racist because I don't like rap also. Sorry, but I am not a country fan either, does that mean I hate all white people? I must be a really messed up individual. Honestly, comments like that ARE racist.

Of course, the same person said I was a "homo" because I was listening to "fa**ot music" when Elton John was on the radio (funny thing - a few days later he was singing along with Rocket Man).

I'm not a car fancier but I do appreciate classic cars. Not tricked out, not "donked", but how they were meant to be (and no hugley loud engines either). Nothing like a classic Mustang that purrs like a kitten.

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
      I think it's funny when some artist today comes out with a cover of a classic rock song and everyone who listens to it thinks it is an original. Yeah, go look up (insert artist). <mr snippy was here>Of course, no one believes me when I tell them Quiet Riot's "Cum On Feel The Noize" is a cover (the original was done by Slade).
      well not everyone is exposed to all forms of music-I was not aware that cum on feel the noize was a cover-then again my parents still listened to 50-60's music Slade released their version before I was born so I never heard it-remember hearing quiet riot though.....
      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by HEMI6point1 View Post
        I love classic rock. It's my favorite genre. I would much rather listen to Led Zeppelin or RUSH any day over most of the crap they have now.

Since the music video became a required thing on an artists' resume it seems like image nowadays is the sole factor for selling CDs (Oops, I meant downloads). Think about it: up until the very early 80's you could be the ugliest S.O.B but if you got pipes, you got a contract. Today you'll be rejected because you don't have the looks and aren't "pretty enough."

Because of this many of the artists these days may be hot, but take away the auto tune and synthesizers and they can't sing worth shit. I'm not going to name names because fanboys/girls will rush to their defense and start trashing me.

And no I'm not a fan of modern rock either because they all sound the same and there's not a guitar, bass or drum solo to be found. Probably because they know they aren't good enough to do a solo.

----<SNIP!>----

I even got accused of being racist for my views. One person I know said if I were to modify a classic I should donk it (donks are the cars that sit up really high and have those giant rims and fan-belt tires). I told him "look if I'm going to modify a car I'll do real mods to it instead of gangster-izing it." Plus on some cars it's just blasphemy - why donk a classic like a Chevelle or Camaro? Of course, I got called racist cause as well all know only black people drive donks. Same thing with rap - I think it's the worst music on the planet, 90% of rap artists just talk about bitches, hoes and killing cops. Plus they steal and ruin classic rock songs to make their junk. Of course, I'm racist because as you know all rap artists are black.

As far as the music goes, there's a few of the new ones I like (I'm 26 BTW) but the rest sucks. Most of the shit is a buncha rubbish on the radio and it's pretty much the same generic canned crap. I live in South Florida, so it's normal to see a shit ton of cars that have big ass rims and candy paint on it, especially if it's a Caprice, Malibu, Monte Carlo. Shoot, there was one that had Florida Marlins colors on it. There was once I saw a old Chevy Monte Carlo that had (I shit you not) THIRTY inch rims. I just wonder how the hell they can drive on those cars without them flipping over from doing sharp turns. Let alone climbing in those things.
        There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Am I the only one here to whom most of the old stuff all sounds like the same repackaged garbage? Most of it sucks IMO, with some exceptions, and those are few and far between.
          All units: IRENE
          HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

My nephew just turned 18 and he's started to give me crap about listening to oldies. I was on a Beatles kick yesterday and was playing a lot of their stuff in the truck yesterday, and he goes "Uh, like oldies much?" I asked him what the problem was, since his best and closest friend used three Beatles tunes in his graduation slideshow.

"Yeah, but that's him. He's a musician and into music and stuff."

WTF. Apparently you can only be under 50 and like the Beatles and other older stuff if you're a musician. Of course it was also amusing when I told him I was going to play "You Spin Me Round" (The original) and he thought I was going to play a song about oral sex.
            A.K.A. ShinyGreenApple

Comment

Working...
            X