Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you find yourself watching less television?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Machero View Post
    My favorites are; Corner Gas, Mythbusters, Canada's Worst Anything, and House.
    No Dirty Jobs?

Comment

The shows I watch on a regular basis:

NCIS (3 more weeks!)
      M*A*S*H (on DVD)
      Mythbusters
      Extreme Makeover: Home Edition

And then there's the morning stuff, like GMA and Rachael Ray. Toss in a little Good Eats, other Food Network stuff, random stuff on the History Channel, and a few cartoons. I really like "321 Penguins" when I can find it. I really miss Looney Tunes. Haven't seen that on TV in ages.

Comment

I miss Animaniacs. That is where my user name came from and i would love to start watching it again. I think i have the first season on dvd somewhere in my house actually...

And really, i used to watch a lot of tv. Now all i watch is:
        Extreme Makeover Home Edition
        Family Guy
        Big Bang Theory
        ER
        How I Met Your Mother

which is still quite a list, but a lot less than i used to watch.

Comment

You can't watch less than zero TV, so, no, not really.

Comment

TV definitely sucks these days. I got tired of paying over $80 per month for cable and getting nearly nothing in return. So now I have the most basic tier available, which costs less than $20 per month, and the majority of those channels are a waste of bandwidth.

I watch mainly Steelers games, Survivor, and Amazing Race (but most other reality shows do suck). Any other time, it's DVDs and VHS tapes.

In the words of Bowling For Soup,
            "When did reality become T.V.?
            What ever happened to sitcoms, game shows
            . . .
            and music still on MTV" Oh, yeah. MTV. Ugh. I don't even want to get started on that. At one time, the M supposedly stood for "Music" - then, after the cool 80s music videos were replaced by crappy shows about stupid kiddies living in the same house while showing off their low IQs and trying to act cool, the new spin put on it was "Oh, it stands for 'Media TV.'" Right. Whatever.

Comment

Not really.

I haven't owned a TV since 2004 (it was stolen) and I found that not having one didn't bother me at all. I watched it at work for news and when I went home on leave ... but even at home, it's usually on Fox news, some travel show, or the like.

So for me... the strike meant nothing, except hearing other people complain about it. And talking to my boyfriend about how BSG got more popular during the strike - he's a big BSG fan.

In fact... the only tv show i watch is House, but I only watch it on DVD. I'll usually get the season, have a couple of commercial-free House-marathons and then put it off again until the next season hits DVD. And even as a fan I'll be the first to admit they seem to have a set plan for how each case progresses... so after watching the entire season in a few days, I usually don't want to watch it again for a few months anyway.

Besides ... it's hard to watch tv when you're playing on the computer or reading a book or going out.

Comment

Working...
              X