Bruce Almighty the Destructor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bruce Almighty the Destructor?

So there is a scene in the movie where he rearranges stars. Do you think he destroyed civilizations when he did that?
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

Psst..."Bruce Almighty" isn't a documentary.

Comment

I know it isn't. This is something I do. I ponder the universe of the movie and the implications of the characters actions. I think it's the writer in me always wanting to know the story.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

I think the "real" God in the movie wouldn't allow that sort of thing. All the effects were supposed to be local, weren't they? Rearranging where the stars *appear* to be from what was it, Buffalo, would fit that. And that's assuming that there's life out there. Since we're talking about a fictional work, and no extraterrestrial life is mentioned, there's not any
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by HYHYBT View Post
          I think the "real" God in the movie wouldn't allow that sort of thing. All the effects were supposed to be local, weren't they? Rearranging where the stars *appear* to be from what was it, Buffalo, would fit that. And that's assuming that there's life out there. Since we're talking about a fictional work, and no extraterrestrial life is mentioned, there's not any
          When he moved the moon, it caused a tsunami. watch the next scene.

Comment

What I wouldn't give to see the looks on the faces of the people on those stars.

"Yeah, hon, be home early! We're having Pbluhbar for dinner tonight and OH MY FUCKING GOD WHOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

Comment

I've not seen the movie; what exactly happens? Does he rearrange them into the shape of an upraised middle finger or a smiley face or something? Cuz that would be cool.
              "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                I've not seen the movie; what exactly happens? Does he rearrange them into the shape of an upraised middle finger or a smiley face or something? Cuz that would be cool.
                He was setting a romantic mood removed some stars and created others. Of course my mind works overtime and wanted to know affects that had.
                Jack Faire
                Friend
                Father
                Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                  I know it isn't. This is something I do. I ponder the universe of the movie and the implications of the characters actions. I think it's the writer in me always wanting to know the story.
                  Kind of like how I've decided, since it's all fiction anyway, if two shows are set in the same city (even if they're on different networks), that automatically means that the people in them know each other.
                  We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

"Well-behaved women rarely make history." - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                    Kind of like how I've decided, since it's all fiction anyway, if two shows are set in the same city (even if they're on different networks), that automatically means that the people in them know each other.
                    *chuckles* I do that too.
                    Jack Faire
                    Friend
                    Father
                    Smartass

Comment

Originally posted by Pagan View Post
                      Originally posted by jackfaire View Post
                      *chuckles* I do that too.
                      Oh, I get worse. Last week on "Bones", I wondered if Temperance was aware that her school's janitor was Freddy Krueger and an alien.

Then I saw then Robocop was on "Fringe" with Lord Denethor. Robocop is getting old.
                      We may have come out of the kitchen, but we still know where the sharp objects are kept.

Comment

I just did that today! Me and my wife were watching Back to the Future 3, and when Marty goes and picks Jennifer up at the end, I told my wife "Isn't it sad to think that Elizabeth Shue will eventually break up with Marty, go to college and eventually end up with Kevin Bacon,, who will go insane after turning invisible?"

Comment

Originally posted by Fryk View Post
                          I just did that today! Me and my wife were watching Back to the Future 3, and when Marty goes and picks Jennifer up at the end, I told my wife "Isn't it sad to think that Elizabeth Shue will eventually break up with Marty, go to college and eventually end up with Kevin Bacon,, who will go insane after turning invisible?"
                          And in-between, she'll go to Jamaica and hook up with Tom Cruise.

Comment

I love to wonder what it would be like if all the characters an actor plays were to meet eachother.
                            Jack Faire
                            Friend
                            Father
                            Smartass

Comment

I love to wonder what it would be like if all the characters an actor plays were to meet eachother.
                              I so do this. I've even made up epic crossovers in my head. :P Just cause I'm strange like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X