Richie - There can be only one!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richie - There can be only one!

So I am watching the Highlander TV series for the first time ever. I have reached a point where Richie has become an immortal and has virtually been dropped from the show. Personally I think this was a great disservice both to the fans and the characters.

I understand they didn't want two immortal primary characters. They missed out here though. In all of the highlander movies and tv show, with the exception of the cartoon, we got to see mostly Immortals who have been immortals for centuries and are old hands at it. Richie I think could have supported his own spin off.

Personally I think it would have been fascinating watching him as he goes through learning to be an immortal. Meeting Conner again even maybe as an immortal.

Which hey that is another thing there was an immortal girl that showed up before Richie was one and then after yet she never even once remarked on that. You would think at least a mention would have been good.

I just feel they could have done so much with the character of Richie that would have expanded the franchise in directiions not even yet dreamed of.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

I don't want to spoil too much, and I'm not sure how far in you are, but he does make regular appearances in the show, and remains a semi-regular for some time.

Comment

Umm...I've never seen the tv series, but even I know what happens to Richie.
      Sooo...enjoy!
      "Having a Christian threaten me with hell is like having a hippy threaten to punch me in my aura."
      Josh Thomas

Comment

Originally posted by Stormraven View Post
        I don't want to spoil too much, and I'm not sure how far in you are, but he does make regular appearances in the show, and remains a semi-regular for some time.
        One I peeked I know he makes regular appearances but he stops being an every episode character and I know his eventual fate.

There is a time limit on Spoilers. If after a certain time person hasn't watched something they can no longer get mad about spoilers
        Jack Faire
        Friend
        Father
        Smartass

Comment

Sephiroth kills Aeris.

*looks around for GameFAQs mods*
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
            Sephiroth kills Aeris.

*looks around for GameFAQs mods*
            Darth Vader is Luke's Father.
            Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
            I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

They don't make it over the wave.
              All units: IRENE
              HK MP5-N: Solving 800 problems a minute since 1986

Comment

Oh, I'm not worried about censure - I just don't like spoiling things, that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormraven View Post
                  Oh, I'm not worried about censure - I just don't like spoiling things, that's all.
                  I know but I don't mind people spoiling things because unless something has a twist ending spoilers don't spoil things.
                  Jack Faire
                  Friend
                  Father
                  Smartass

Comment

While you have a point that it's interesting to see a new Immortal, I could never stand Richie. He just annoyed the crap out of me.

But my favorite character was always Methos, so maybe I am predisposed to like really old Immortals.

Comment

Methos is my favourite as well. One of the best quotes from the series, IMO:
                      "Who are you?"
                      "Someone who was born long before the age of chivalry."

Comment

Working...
                      X