No announcement yet.

Dear M. Night...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's sorta where I was going with Sokka's name. It was created in english and spelled a certain way. A double consonant after a vowell makes the vowell short, dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
      Also he seemed to cast actors/actresses purely because they looked like the characters but he completely changed the fire nation.
      Actually, he really didn't. He cast a bunch of white people as the Water Nation (who were based on the Inuit, very much not Caucasian) and Earth Nation, while changing the Fire Nation to being Indian (as in from the nation of India, not Native American). It's kinda hard to cast someone for appearance when you change their race. *coughPrinceOfPersiacough*
      "Never confuse the faith with the so-called faithful." -- Cartoonist R.K. Milholland's father.
      A truer statement has never been spoken about any religion.

Comment

I saw this movie the other day.

Why is he called "the Avatar"? By definition, he is NOT an avatar - it would have been more accurate calling him something like "the chosen one" or even "the golden child".

As for the movie - it was highly predictable, probabaly the most predicatable movie I've ever seen (moreso than Avatar!). In the beginning they said "Part I: The Book of Water" (or something like that) - I asked my wife if we should expect to see two more movies, she didn't believe me until the credits started to roll.

At least we didn't rush to the theater to see it.

The "3D" quality sucked beyond the first couple of minutes but damnit, it was still projected in 3D so you couldn't take the glasses off. I paid extra for that??

Comment

And here's an update.

Comment

Originally posted by draggar View Post
            I saw this movie the other day.

Why is he called "the Avatar"? By definition, he is NOT an avatar - it would have been more accurate calling him something like "the chosen one" or even "the golden child".

As for the movie - it was highly predictable, probabaly the most predicatable movie I've ever seen (moreso than Avatar!). In the beginning they said "Part I: The Book of Water" (or something like that) - I asked my wife if we should expect to see two more movies, she didn't believe me until the credits started to roll.

At least we didn't rush to the theater to see it.

The "3D" quality sucked beyond the first couple of minutes but damnit, it was still projected in 3D so you couldn't take the glasses off. I paid extra for that??
            Actually until that other "avatar" movie was to be released it was going to be called avatar but they wanted to avoid confusion.
            According to quick googling and wikipedia

In Hinduism, Avatar or Avatāra (Devanagari अवतार, Sanskrit for "descent" [viz., from heaven to earth]) refers to a deliberate descent of a deity from heaven to earth, and is mostly translated into English as "incarnation", but more accurately as "appearance" or "manifestation".[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avatar

So the guy is called the avatar because he can master all forms like a god rather than just one like the normal people.

OH and M nights moves SUCK SO MUCH, I don't know how is is allowed to keep destroying movies that actually might not be half bad if done by any other actor, other than the six sense I can't think of a movie he has made that I liked.
            Last edited by insertNameHere; 07-23-2010, 05:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
              other than the six sense I can't think of a movie he has made that I liked.
              I liked Signs up until they revealed the alien's weakness... it was one of those "seriously, you built up that much suspense and their weakness is water... their smart enough to build the technology to nearly wipe us out from existence yet fracking stupid enough to try to invade a planet that is made up 2/3 of a substance that is lethal to them... give me a fracking break"
              "I'm Gar and I'm proud" -slytovhand

Comment

Originally posted by insertNameHere View Post
                OH and M nights moves SUCK SO MUCH, I don't know how is is allowed to keep destroying movies that actually might not be half bad if done by any other actor, other than the six sense I can't think of a movie he has made that I liked.
                I'm rather fond of Unbreakable.

On the other hand, my friends and I MST'd the hell out of Signs when we saw it in the theater.
                "The hero is the person who can act mindfully, out of conscience, when others are all conforming, or who can take the moral high road when others are standing by silently, allowing evil deeds to go unchallenged." — Philip Zimbardo
                TUA Games & Fiction // Ponies

Comment

Working...
                X