Bohemian Rhapsody

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bohemian Rhapsody

Am I the only one who hates that overplayed garbage? There are far better songs that Queen made (Under Pressure, I'm In Love With My Car, Tie Your Mother Down).

I have to skip over that stupid scene in Wayne's World, even.
    "All I know is that I don't know" - Operation Ivy

Ithink you'll findit was one of their best tracks, however as you say over playing it has reduced its lyrical and musical value to somewhere just below the cheeky girls (I can think of worse places to be though )
    The test of police efficiency is the absence of crime and disorder, not the visible evidence of police action in dealing with it. Robert Peel

Comment

Oh, I could never hate Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a little bit of everything - Rock, soul, funk, opera, blues...

Though I do agree that hearing any song too often will be annoying. Thankfully, the radio stations in my area don't play it that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
        Thankfully, the radio stations in my area don't play it that much.
        It's never heard here in Pittsburgh. The local stations are too busy blasting Lynyrd Skynyrd all the damn time. "Free Bird" and "Sweet Home Alabama" seem to be popular favorites

Comment

Hey now, Sweet Home Alabama is a good song for drunken karaoke, I'll have you know

Comment

I love all of Queen's music, and Bohemian Rhapsody is no stranger to that list. Granted, sometimes it did get overplayed, but overall, still a very strong song, and one I adore quite a bit.

Comment

Ohhh, the Bohemian Rhapsody. My parents are true children of the late 70s/80s, and they didn't care who knew it. I was word-perfect on the lyrics to that song before I knew what most of them meant. It holds a special place of honour in my family, along with "Cheech & Chong's Up In Smoke" and "The Labyrinth". Mmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by Norton View Post
                Oh, I could never hate Bohemian Rhapsody. It's a little bit of everything - Rock, soul, funk, opera, blues...
                That's also why I hate it. It's not consistent. It starts off pretty well, but it hits the operatic parts and gets stupid.
                "All I know is that I don't know" - Operation Ivy

Comment

Bicycle, bicycle.....

I want to ride my

BICYCLE!

Comment

Originally posted by Gawdzillers View Post
                    That's also why I hate it. It's not consistent. It starts off pretty well, but it hits the operatic parts and gets stupid.
                    I just think of it as the musical equivalent of a sampler.

(For those who don't know what a sampler is: when needlework aka embroidery was still an essential skill for middle and upper class women, girls were taught to sew many different types of stitch on a single fabric piece. Older women used similar fabric pieces to record their own stitches, especially those of their own invention. See http://www.uri.edu/hss/tmd/Gal6Embroidery.htm or google the phrase 'embroidery sampler' - use google images to see lots of examples.)
                    Last edited by Seshat; 03-10-2008, 04:30 AM.

Comment

I'd probably like Bohemian Rhapsody more if it weren't so overplayed.

I can't turn on the local classic music station without hearing that song. Or "Sweet Home Alabama", another outrageously-overplayed song.

Comment

Originally posted by Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                        I'd probably like Bohemian Rhapsody more if it weren't so overplayed.
                        I can't turn on the local classic music station without hearing that song. Or "Sweet Home Alabama", another outrageously-overplayed song.
                        I haven't heard either of those songs on the radio in years.

Thank heavens for Canadian content laws, I guess.

Comment

I've never been able to get into any of Queen's music actually...

Comment

Well I like the song, but then I don't listen to the radio much anymore anyways, just cds, so nothing gets overplayed. Besides I have heard worse, a techno pop remix of the very same song we speak of, I am not kidding. That and "My heart will go on" oiy that song redefined overplayed, every ten seconds I swear I heard that song.
                            I'm a happy, well adjusted emotinally disturbed person, who can't spell

Comment

I hate one of the local radio stations around here. Well for one, it is just Rap. But they play the same songs every 10 minutes. Glad I don't work at one of my old jobs, since they always had it on that station.

Comment

Working...
                              X