X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Good Things....

come to a freakin' end!

Dear fanboys/girls of America,

I realize that it's hard to lose your favorite show/movie/band. It sucks. I was very sad when I heard that the Dresden Dolls broke up...until I listened to the amazing stuff that Amanda Palmer was putting out on her own. Nothing lasts forever. It's just a show/band/film franchise - Let it go!

For example: http://screenrant.com/bill-murray-gh...ge-1/#comments

Now Ghostbusters fanatics are all pissed at Bill Murray because he's not gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3. Unless this script is at the same quality as the first one, I don't want a sequel to get made! And, frankly, I'm not so sure that I want to see any of those guys in a khaki jumpsuit (I mean, have you seen Dan Akroyd lately?) Harrison Ford also, basically, admitted on Conan that he'd do another Indiana Jones film...for the money (he was also high as a freakin' kite in that interview, so do what you will with that information). I admire Murray for having some standards, which seems all too rare today.

As for Firefly? Guys, keep your money in your wallets. Unless you can hand the cash directly to Nathan Fillion or Joss Whedon...don't. Chances are, you'll get ripped off. If Fox wants to bury the show....chances are, it's buried. Family Guy and Futurama were brought back because they were bringing in so much money in syndication that it was decided, "Hey, maybe this is worth bringing back." Now that Firefly is in syndication again, then maybe. But as my Fiance was saying, it would be more feasible for them to create a new series based on the original than to try to bring back the original cast. They've moved on to other jobs, projects, and (most importantly) legally binding contracts.

They've moved on, and so should we.

The other day, I was listening to a talk show on XM radio. I can't remember who it was, as I was in the car and just looking for something to listen to while I cruised along the highway. But anyway, they were talking about some speculation going around that Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to do another Terminator movie. I think that's an example of something we can let go now. I don't know about anyone else, but I honestly don't picture Schwarzenegger as an actor anymore. Yes, I can remember his acting days, but he's been in politics for so long that he's pretty much a politician in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by guywithashovel View Post
      The other day, I was listening to a talk show on XM radio. I can't remember who it was, as I was in the car and just looking for something to listen to while I cruised along the highway. But anyway, they were talking about some speculation going around that Arnold Schwarzenegger was going to do another Terminator movie. I think that's an example of something we can let go now. I don't know about anyone else, but I honestly don't picture Schwarzenegger as an actor anymore. Yes, I can remember his acting days, but he's been in politics for so long that he's pretty much a politician in my eyes.
      I heard that too...and I agree....he should give up acting and find some other political job that he'd be good at.

And I want to bitch about the constant remakes that are being done. The classic movie Carrie was remade a while back, I heard rumors Footloose was going to be remade...come ON! Leave these alone! No more sequels and no more remakes.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by telecom_goddess View Post
        And I want to bitch about the constant remakes that are being done. The classic movie Carrie was remade a while back, I heard rumors Footloose was going to be remade...come ON! Leave these alone! No more sequels and no more remakes.
        Gads, no kidding! Are there seriously so few talented script writers left in Hollywood? Everything is a remake or a sequel to some franchise that is decades old. It's tiring. I've been watching a lot of movies recently since I now work in a video store, and there have been some really unique, well-done films I've seen, but they're always small and independent it seems. The large titles are just so blase to me that most don't capture my interest at all.

Comment

Originally posted by ExRetailDrone View Post
          Gads, no kidding! Are there seriously so few talented script writers left in Hollywood? Everything is a remake or a sequel to some franchise that is decades old. It's tiring. I've been watching a lot of movies recently since I now work in a video store, and there have been some really unique, well-done films I've seen, but they're always small and independent it seems. The large titles are just so blase to me that most don't capture my interest at all.
          There's a reason why. It may be a comedy site, but there's often a grain of truth in each joke.

http://www.cracked.com/article_19012...vies-suck.html

Biggest reason why there's remakes or sequels is because producers want them, and they tell the writers to make it.Script writers don't often get to be their own voice any more. Sure they may have the greatest script of all time, but it don't matter to producers if they don't want to buy/use it. Script writers just get paid to fill in the gaps of an over all story by a producer.
          Toilet Paper has been "bath tissue" for the longest time, and it really chaps my ass - Blas
          I AM THE MAN of the house! I wear the pants!!! But uh...my wife buys the pants so....yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
            Now Ghostbusters fanatics are all pissed at Bill Murray because he's not gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3.
            Going over that article, that's about the most pleasant thing he's said about possibly doing ghostbusters 3. He's been asked bout it for over a year now (more actually, I think the serious questioning about it started up when the game was being worked on). Operative phrases were "hell no" "not in a primary role" "you have to be kidding" "They'd have to kill me first" (which prompted rumours of Ramis and Akroyd doing just that and having venkman in the movie as a ghost) and the list goes on.

And people are just NOW getting butt hurt that he has no interest in it? Yeesh! it's been over a decade between movies and he only did the voice acting in the game because it meant he didn't have to act the parts. Of anything, I'm glad he's not interested. There's way too many typcasted actors around and his refusal to be one in a world of them has him standing out.

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
              Now Ghostbusters fanatics are all pissed at Bill Murray because he's not gung-ho about Ghostbusters 3. Unless this script is at the same quality as the first one, I don't want a sequel to get made!
              The main thing that annoys me is the endless "it's on/no it's off" rumors...and Murray himself admits that he never even read the script (although now he says he's in again). Personally I'm curious about a third movie...the Ashton Kutcher (good lord) casting rumor, not so much.
              "Any state, any entity, any ideology which fails to recognize the worth, the dignity, the rights of Man...that state is obsolete."

Comment

Working...
              X