Movies that are good but you can't watch again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies that are good but you can't watch again

In a different take on what Blas started....what are movies that you like....agree are well done...but just can't watch beyond the first time because they are TOO intense or weird or creepy or whatever.

Mine are:

Bug -- directed by William Friedkin, who directed The Exorcist, I had to see what he did with this one. Excellent and scary as hell but disturbing...can't sit through it again.

Novacaine...with Steve Martin and Kevin Bacon. Great movie but it's NOT a comedy and the ending is too fucked up for words.

Boxing Helena -- the whole thing is disturbing. But well done disturbing
    https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
    Great YouTube channel check it out!

Don't laugh, but for me, it's got to be The Horse Whisperer. Thing is, I can watch it from the part where the girl and her mother are travelling to see the guy who cures horses, but I cannot bear to watch the part where the girl and her friend are involved in the accident. It just makes me so upset that I cry without stopping.
    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

To an extent the can't watch again ones are twist movies or big reveals of some other sort, I heard they were going to remake Total Recal, well without a huge rewrite it kinda spoils the whole story.

I can watch the usual suspects time and again as you get more each time now you know what to look for, others the ending just says "ok seen that."

The way I see alot of Agatha Christie stories constantly getting remade during the 80's then the David Suchet Proit (sp) run, is you can change the name and or gender of characters and make Lucy the killer when in the original Lucy is the first victim.

Comment

Blindness was an excellent movie, but was so disturbing to me that I could never watch it again.

I'm sure there are a few others, but that's the one that immediately jumps to mind.

Comment

martyrs

it's bad enough that the director apologizes for making it and apologizes that you decided to watch it.
          Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

The Descent. ><

Comment

I don't think I could sit through Silent Hill again, I liked it, i really did enjoy that one.. but there were parts of it that actually gave me nightmares for a few months lol.

Comment

Every movie I have ever watched with very few exceptions..since this thread isn't about the exceptions .

Once I watch a movie, it has to be spectacular to get me to want to watch it again. Even if I really really like the movie, unless it's somebody elses idea and I'm just along for the ride..no interest.

Comment

I was thinking more along the lines of you can't watch it again because it freaks you out and makes you heeb out for a couple of days or gives you nightmares...even though it's well made/acted/directed/written....not because of a lack of interest really.

Comment

Yeah; that's how The Horse Whisperer is for me. It wasn't cuz I didn't know what was coming. I'd read the book beforehand. I just didn't realise just how upsetting actually seeing it would be, til I watched it.
                    "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I get that with a lot of TV shows....some of my favorite shows are Lost, Fringe, Supernatural, etc...but I have never seen any of those episodes more than once. Probably because a major part of the enjoyment is the mystery.

Comment

I'm totally the opposite with TV shows I love, I'll watch and rewatch until I turn blue. Buffy and Angel are my two main shows, but I could see myself rewatching Smallville or Supernatural (though I've just gotten into Supernatural atm, so rewatching isn't going to be for a long while, and Smallville we're just working our way through Season 10, and that's not even done shooting yet).

As for movies that are good but I can't watch again, I don't know if I have any. Well, I don't know if I'll watch Avatar again, mainly because after seeing it in 3D Imax it really wouldn't be the same on my 47" screen. If I really like a movie or TV series I'll rewatch it eventually, or well repeatedly if it's something I really really am a fangirl over.

Comment

I wish I could remember the name of the one movie that disturbed me enough that I wouldn't watch it because of that, and not lack of interest. It's one of those "Scientist does experiment on a whole town, town turns into crazy killers" types, but it was really good..just really disturbing.

Comment

Most movies or TV series are like that for me. If I watch it again, I'll only watch my favorite parts. So for me, it would be easier to list the movies I can watch again after seeing it first.

Comment

Oh I have Star Trek episodes I will watch again and again and again and again cause they never get old

Comment

Working...
                              X