I Know My Kid's A Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Know My Kid's A Star

I watched a little bit of this show "I Know My Kid's A Star" on VH1. The whole premise of it is that there's teams of 10 parents and their children competing to get $50,000 and being represented by a top child star manager Marki Costello. The parents and kids go through various challenges of the like and of course the eliminations. Not only that, but the next child star they're looking for is a triple threat in the talent department but also can handle themselves and the parent (s) that won't steer their child in the wrong direction or living vicariously through the child (can we say Joe Jackson or Jade Barrymore?) . The irony (to me) is that the show is hosted by none other than Danny Bonaduce. Sometimes I couldn't help but wonder if the parents were on that show to help boost their child's career or just for their own selfish desires to financially pimp their child.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

I love that show! Some of those parents are HORRIBLE to their children, though!

I wish I'd seen the most recent episodes, but I've missed a couple...poo. I hope they do a marathon!

I know one team was removed from the show because Mom obviously wanted it...not the kid. While I think many of the other parents are fanatical, there are one or two that aren't, or are learning/have learned from their mistakes.

I think it's a riot watching the kids do soooo well when their parents are gone...and completely choking because their parents are so overbearing.

I think the drama is funny. Maybe I'm a bad person.

I also wouldn't mind meeting a couple of those adults so I could smack 'em upside the head (well, mentally- I'd never REALLY hit someone).
    "Children are our future" -LaceNeilSinger
    "And that future is fucked...with a capital F" -AmethystHunter

Comment

Originally posted by DesignFox View Post
      I know one team was removed from the show because Mom obviously wanted it...not the kid.
      Yeah...that was Hailey(daughter) and Rocky (mom) . On the first episode, Rocky was telling Hailey, let's get that dream house before her performance.

When I get kids, I don't mind them doing music or whatever, but I don't want them in the show business because of how it robs children of a normal childhood.
      There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

I don't mind parents putting their kids into show business, provided that the child is enthusiastic and wants to do it.

Hailey had It. She could be a star. But she doesn't want to be one. Her mother needs to accept that. I'm glad they kicked them off the show. Hailey obviously wanted nothing to do with it.

Comment

The "team" that won that show deserved it. I can't remember their names, but the mother of the team was absolutely wonderful with her daughter. The way she interacted with her and the way she kept her cool and kept her daughter focused despite the other mother going batshit crazy. That's the first reality award show that I've watched where I was happy with the results and the results didn't seem to be hinged upon who brought the most drama to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by friendofjimmyk View Post
            The "team" that won that show deserved it. I can't remember their names, but the mother of the team was absolutely wonderful with her daughter.
            Oooh. I hope it's who I'm thinking you're talking about...I never did get to see how it ended...I can't remember their names, either... but if it's who I think it is I am soooo happy they won!
            Last edited by Boozy; 09-30-2008, 12:02 PM. Reason: fixing quote tags

Comment

Working...
            X