X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amy Winehouse gone

yahoo news article

The article goes over her life and recording more than her death
    I am upset because of her behavior and that she admits to being manic depressive but not doing anything about it. Via pills or seeing a psychiatrist or psychologist or even counselor.
    I am sad because she was the one person that basically was made the black sheep of music or the highlight of tabloids due to her numerous times being on camera or photo high or worse.

She is similar to britney spears in that she has a mental disease and and is famous. very bad because everything you do good bad or otherwise will be in the news and she got the brunt of it. I am more upset because she did not do anything to stop it or if she did or others tried to help her not much was done or it failed. She is gone now because of how she lived her life be it frank of word and actions or loss of talent because she is gone.

I don't cry for her, i only feel loss because it really could have been prevented.
    Just angry that she will now be a reference, for random example i was higher than amy winehouseor (other celebrity) which is saying something. IE negative reference in society

the fratching part being that why the hell did no one try to help her or when she WAS aware that she had manic depressive WHY did she refuse pills? not everyone is for medication but some can self manage to an extent and she didn't even want to do that, just get drunk and high and so on. mostly feel that she was stupid because she brought her own destruction and was full aware of it
    Repeat after me, "I'm over it"
    Yeah we're so over, over
    Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Originally posted by LexiaFira View Post
    I don't cry for her, i only feel loss because it really could have been prevented.

the fratching part being that why the hell did no one try to help her or when she WAS aware that she had manic depressive WHY did she refuse pills? not everyone is for medication but some can self manage to an extent and she didn't even want to do that, just get drunk and high and so on. mostly feel that she was stupid because she brought her own destruction and was full aware of it
    1-many people with mental illnesses "self-medicate" with drugs and alcohol.
    2-you CANNOT force someone to get help
    3-some of the medications to treat bi-polar disorder have HORRENDOUS side effects. I was misdiagnosed as bi-polar in my teens, I ALMOST DIED FROM THE MEDICATION ALONE(my liver has permanent damage), I also couldn't feel ANYTHING. No happy, no sad, no angry, just....nothing, totally emotionally dead. -here's a list of medications used to treat bi polar disorder, click on the name for side effects-seizures, migraines, muscle spasms, loss of bladder control, slurred speech, loss of balance, vomiting, liver failure, thyroid problems, diabetes......sounds fantastic doesn't it!

4-considering the cause of death hasn't been released yet, I'm not jumping to the conclusion it was drugs. IT could've been a heart attack caused by her eating disorder, maybe she choked on a sandwich, maybe she was stabbed to death or strangled, maybe she had an allergic reaction to peanuts....until the report is in no one knows, but everyone is ASSUMING....
    Last edited by BlaqueKatt; 07-23-2011, 11:16 PM.
    Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

Originally posted by BlaqueKatt View Post
      ....until the report is in no one knows, but everyone is ASSUMING....
      When a known drug addict dies alone in their home, it ain't such a leap of logic to assume that it's an overdose.

Comment

This is sort of crazy:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/27_Club

Comment

2-you CANNOT force someone to get help
          3-some of the medications to treat bi-polar disorder have HORRENDOUS side effects. I was misdiagnosed as bi-polar in my teens, I ALMOST DIED FROM THE MEDICATION ALONE(my liver has permanent damage), I also couldn't feel ANYTHING. No happy, no sad, no angry, just....nothing, totally emotionally dead. -here's a list of medications used to treat bi polar disorder, click on the name for side effects-seizures, migraines, muscle spasms, loss of bladder control, slurred speech, loss of balance, vomiting, liver failure, thyroid problems, diabetes......sounds fantastic doesn't it!

4-considering the cause of death hasn't been released yet, I'm not jumping to the conclusion it was drugs. IT could've been a heart attack caused by her eating disorder, maybe she choked on a sandwich, maybe she was stabbed to death or strangled, maybe she had an allergic reaction to peanuts....until the report is in no one knows, but everyone is ASSUMING....
          Wasn't implying that she be forced to get help. And having not gone through such medications I was unaware. I apologize for that HOWEVER that doesn't change that i'm angry that she is gone because of this and the crud of the 27 group....and how most of us look away about oh drugs got another one again. yeah well who did anything to stop or help her?

and not having self medicated with drugs I have not had that particular demon on my back. I got drunk maybe three times in my life and decided when sober i don't like that feeling and won't do it again. I very much like being in control of my own body.
          Yeah we're so over, over
          Things I hate, that even after all this time...I still came back to the scene of the crime

Comment

Originally posted by LexiaFira View Post
            and how most of us look away about oh drugs got another one again. yeah well who did anything to stop or help her?
            According to another article written for AP by the same person who wrote the article linked in the OP, a lot of people tried to help her. She refused it. She wrote her own story, including the ending, which is unfortunate.

You cannot help someone that isn't willing to be helped.

^-.-^
            Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I don't know much about Amy Winehouse, or the circumstances of her death. All I can say is that whatever it was that she did, death never makes the world better. I mourn for her, even though I know literally nothing about her other than her name.
              "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
              ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Originally posted by Andara Bledin View Post
                According to another article written for AP by the same person, a lot of people tried to help her. She refused it. She wrote her own story, including the ending, which is unfortunate.
                You cannot help someone that isn't willing to be helped.

^-.-^
                didn't read that article. will do so. now it turns to why turn help down? denial? did she want to suffer? having gone through something similar i didn't want any of the mental issues i went through so I can't get why she wanted this kind of mental torment on herself without help. Maybe she thought she was strong enough to handle it on her own? heh sorry everyone needs help now and then even if we don't want to admit it...
                Last edited by LexiaFira; 07-24-2011, 11:13 PM.
                Yeah we're so over, over

Comment

Originally posted by Hyena Dandy View Post
                  I don't know much about Amy Winehouse, or the circumstances of her death. All I can say is that whatever it was that she did, death never makes the world better. I mourn for her, even though I know literally nothing about her other than her name.
                  I find myself in much the same situation. She was never in my circle of interest and so like you I know little about her other than her name and that one incidence when she was so #@$%ed up in Serbia she was booed off the stage for saying "Hello Athens!" and having to have her backup singers sing for her.

Being Wiccan, I believe that the death is tragic. However not knowing her or the circumstances of her death (and until I hear official reports will not speculate), I likely will not lose much (if any) sleep over it.

I just hope that she doesn't turn into another Michael Jackson where she is vilified in life and deified in death.
                  “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                    I just hope that she doesn't turn into another Michael Jackson where she is vilified in life and deified in death.
                    I don't actually see much of that with MJ. The people who thought he was a pedo still think he was a pedo, and the ones who go gaga over him were always gaga over him, they're just a little more-so, now.

^-.-^
                    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by Boozy View Post
                      When a known drug addict dies alone in their home, it ain't such a leap of logic to assume that it's an overdose.

um oops

Police sources say there was no sign of drugs in the home
                      you were saying?
                      Registered rider scenic shore 150 charity ride

Comment

A lack of drugs in the house (other than booze, that is), isn't the same as a lack of drugs in the body.

It's possible that she od'd. It's also possible that due to previous excesses, her body gave out. Or it could have been that she had some congenital defect that took her out.

Which one it was won't be known until the inquest reopens a minimum of four weeks from now, if it's to be known at all.

^-.-^

Comment

you were saying?
                          I said this:

Which is still true. It is a logical assumption, even it turns out to be incorrect in this particular instance.

Comment

TBH I'm surprised she lasted this long, I don't recall a photo of her where she wasn't out of it or a news article highlighting it.

I only know two of her songs, Rehab and the Mark Ronson cover of Valerie, other than that, she and Pete Doherty are only known for being well known junkies.

Pete Best used to be known as a footballer, then he was only known as an alchie, then when he died they kinda reminded us of the fact.

Comment

I thought this one might be worth revisiting, since they've just released the official cause of death.

Turns out it was alcohol poisoning.

It seems when they say "no signs of drugs" in her home, they were only referring to illegal drugs.

Comment

Working...
                              X