Why Edward?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Edward?

I don't read or watch twilight, but I gotta ask. Jacob is well built, has a tan, treats her like a human being and doesn't want to eat her.

I'm not asking why she's with Edward. I'm asking why people are on Team Edward basically?

I don't know about anyone else, but I would assume some of it might go down to the looks of the actor over the character they played, just as we have favourite Doctor and Bond/Bond girl.

Comment

While neither are my cup o' tea, Taylor Lautner is decidedly more attractive than Robert Pattinson in those movies. Mostly because the werewolf is apparently able to take showers. (Seriously, what is up with RPat's hair in those movies?)

Comment

Re: Robert Pattinson: I've heard multiple rumors about how he "smells bad" and "never showers" or "never changes his clothes." I don't know, and don't really care, why. I don't think he's remotely cute and his expression in most of the pictures I've seen of him make him look like he's full of himself and a douchebag. But I don't know the guy, so am just going on what's on the Internet.

This Playlist blog article from back in 2008 amuses the hell out of me, likely in no small part because it appears to support most of my assumptions about various things.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Husband and I rented the first one and what got me was that every single actor looked like they were on the verge of puking all the damn time. I don't know if they thought that made them look angsty ("Oh no, I might hurl on my crush!") or if something was going around the set.

The only one who didn't look sick to his stomach every minute was Jacob's actor, and he wasn't even in the first one very much.

Comment

Personally, I'm Team Tyler's Van. XD

Don't forget that Edward also is abusive, and a creepy stalker; any guy who admitted to have broken into my house to watch me sleep would be instantly dumped, personally speaking.
            "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I'll take your word on how Jacob treats the girl. Only exposure I have is what I've seen in promos or images during general web-browsing.

Though the build on the wolf kid definitely puts me on Team Jacob. (He's old enough to ogle, right?)
              I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

I'm on Team Jasper. XD I find Jackson Rathbone to be considerably more attractive than Robert Pattinson. To me, Pattinson is one of those cases of a guy who started out hot (I mean, have you *seen* him as Cedric Diggory in the Goblet of Fire movie?), but got ugly as he got older.

Originally posted by Lace Neil Singer View Post
                Don't forget that Edward also is abusive, and a creepy stalker; any guy who admitted to have broken into my house to watch me sleep would be instantly dumped and slapped with a restraining order, personally speaking.
                Fixed that for you.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat88 View Post
                  I'm on Team Jasper. XD I find Jackson Rathbone to be considerably more attractive than Robert Pattinson.
                  Who the Hades, and is he any relation to Basil?
                  I have a drawing of an orange, which proves I am a semi-tangible collection of pixels forming a somewhat coherent image manifested from the intoxicated mind of a madman. Naturally.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladeeda View Post
                    Not sure about any possible relation to Basil. I don't *think* so, but I could be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat88 View Post
                      To me, Pattinson is one of those cases of a guy who started out hot (I mean, have you *seen* him as Cedric Diggory in the Goblet of Fire movie?), but got ugly as he got older.
                      I suspect he may have bought into the hype about how hot he was supposed to be and several years of wearing that attitude have had a detrimental effect for those of us who notice expressions as much as facial structure.

Originally posted by Ladeeda View Post
                      According to the IMDb mini-biography, no. It does say that he is a descendant of Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson, which is likely where his middle name (his first being Monroe) comes from.

And, if I were to pick based purely on aesthetics, I would totally be way over in the Jacob camp. He is very much a hottie. And in his late-20's so legally safe to drool over.

^-.-^
                      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Originally posted by gremcint View Post
                        I don't read or watch twilight, but I gotta ask. Jacob is well built, has a tan, treats her like a human being and doesn't want to eat her.

I'm not asking why she's with Edward. I'm asking why people are on Team Edward basically?
                        I'm on "Team guy that almost killed Bella with his truck" myself.
                        “There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, where the sea's asleep and the rivers dream, people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else the tea is getting cold. Come on, Ace, we've got work to do.” - Sylvester McCoy as the Seventh Doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Skruddgemire View Post
                          I'm on "Team guy that almost killed Bella with his truck" myself.
                          Seriously?

I mean, he did a pretty half-assed job about it, so I'm not sure that's worth supporting...
                          "You are who you are on your worst day, Durkon. Anything less is a comforting lie you tell yourself to numb the pain." - Evil
                          "You're trying to be Lawful Good. People forget how crucial it is to keep trying, even if they screw it up now and then." - Good

Comment

Um, Jacob and the other werewolves "imprint" on others. So really, that's just about as creepy as Edward watching Bella sleep, if all the haters want something new to make fun of Twilight for.

I think Taylor Lautner looks like an alpeca myself. Nice body, ugly face.

Comment

Yeah, you have to remember that Jacob ends up "imprinting" on Bella's daughter. Like...the moment she's born. As in "Oh man that baby is so hot". But then Bella's daughter is the greatest being to ever walk the planet though and is supar intelligent, telepathic, immortal, ages at an advanced rate ( But only till she's beautiful and permanently 17 ) and can hold a conversation by the time she's a week old.

I'm not sure if that makes it more or less creepy.

As for Pattinson, I think he looks that way in the movie because he hates Edward. I'm sure I'd have a similiar expression if I had to play a character I loathed. He's also been harrassed by Twilight fans to the point of lunancy. So I can't blame him for being miserable looking. ;p

Comment

Working...
                              X