TV shows you can't stand.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV shows you can't stand.

We had a thread for shows that you love. How about shows you just can't stand? I normally don't watch shows I don't like, but with some shows, you don't really need to watch much of it to know you hate it.

-In Plain Sight: I wanted to like this show. I really did. It had an interesting premise (witness protection) and it looked like it had some enjoyably smartass characters. Unfortunately, the few episodes I've seen involved her annoying sister and mother or some other type of melodrama. I know I shouldn't expect an all out action thriller, but considering it's a show about cops and witness protection, surely they can at least catch the bad guy on screen or resolve the situation that got them in protection. (most of the episodes I've seen left that stuff unresolved and didn't even focus on the bad guys). Now, I should probably give it another chance as I could have just seen the crappy episodes, but when you watch 3 or 4 episodes and only 1 was satisfying, it may not be the show for you.

-Ghost Whisperer: The only reason this show was popular is because Jennifer Love Hewitt has tits. Well sorry, but that can't make up for a horrible script and bad acting. I saw 5 minutes of this shitfest and that was more than enough for me.

-Glee: I think it's a love it or hate it show. I'm in the later category. Now the music performances are pretty good, especially for a High School music show, but I just can't watch this. It's bad enough that it mixes two things I hate (musicals and High School drama), but I get this pretentious, anvilicious vibe from it. I can't judge since I only saw bits and pieces of it, but that's how the show comes across to me.

So feel free to vent about shows you don't like here. Just leave reality TV out of it since everyone seems to hate it and it really belongs in it's own thread.

Originally posted by Rageaholic View Post
    -Ghost Whisperer: The only reason this show was popular is because Jennifer Love Hewitt has tits. Well sorry, but that can't make up for a horrible script and bad acting. I saw 5 minutes of this shitfest and that was more than enough for me.
    I love the show for three reasons. Her tits and my wife is just like her

I really cannot think of any shows off hand that I hate. I just really don't watch that much television.

Comment

Three's Company and every other sit com like it. I despise shows that operate on the premise of someone mis-hearing something then spreading rumors or freaking out about what they mis-heard for the entire show. And, yes, I never liked I Love Lucy for much the same reason.

I just hate watching people jumping to idiotic conclusions or concocting imbecilic schemes. The stupid, it burns. >_<

^-.-^
      Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Retroactive hate: any show ruined by its ending. In particular, do NOT pretend there is some giant conspiracy or similar just-behind-the-scene goings-on unless you have in fact thought out exactly what that really is and will reveal it by series end. Though that's not the only way.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

There's very little that I hate...well, I don't watch TV shows I hate, so it's hard to comment on them. I've noticed that I basically never watch live, scripted TV shows anymore. Fiance really wants me to watch Dexter, but I watched the first episode and just couldn't get into it, y'know? Glee will be finished within the next two seasons.

Comment

Nancy Grace...she gets WAY too emotional and she's biased.

Chowder and Flapjack....seriously.... Cartoons named after food, look weird, stupid have no plot and make me feel like it'll lower my IQ by 100 points just by watching 5 minutes of it.

Most of Reality TV...I've had my fill of it to be honest. I've watched one too many seasons of Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, Charm School, and some seasons of Survivor and The Bachelor (only with my mom when I was living under the roof of my parental units) and The Simple Life.

Admin Assistant, if you watch a few more episodes of Dexter, it'll sink in and you'll LOVE IT! I can't even wait for the 2nd episode of the new season to come out! I love the suspense and the twists and turns in the plot! Besides that Michael C. Hall is an awesome actor and so damn HAWT!!!!
            Last edited by tropicsgoddess; 10-07-2011, 02:10 AM.
            There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

He's not hot. (*shock* *gasp* *horror*) No, I don't find him attractive. While the premise of a serial killer targeting serial killers is interesting...eh. I'll stick with Archer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3-zaTr6OUo

Comment

I really dislike most reality shows. They just seem to be almost exactly the same. Same idiots behaving like asses to get good ratings.

And don't get me started on those remodeling shows where celebrity chefs or famous designers show up to help idiots fix what they screwed up.

I too strongly dislike glee. The singing really is rather disturbing. Also, why are there so many cop shows?

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                  Fiance really wants me to watch Dexter, but I watched the first episode and just couldn't get into it, y'know?
                  Dexter actually takes a few episodes to really get into. It's a bit heavy for just one episode to really catch. That said, I can certainly understand why it wouldn't appeal to everybody.

Ugh. "Reality" TV can go die. Most of it is scripted bullshit. The only stuff that has any redeeming value at all are the competition shows, and those are still heavily scripted. You think the voters really get to choose who gets to stay or not? It's all about who the producers think will get the most people to tune in, and that isn't necessarily the same thing as who happens to have the most talent. Thankfully, the people who pick up the talented competitors don't really care if they win; that's just a bonus.

^-.-^
                  Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

In one of his books, I think it was Medium Raw, Anthony Bourdain claims that on Top Chef, what the judges say goes. He said he's seen producers going into fits because the judges kicked off a drama queen or someone else guaranteed to hike ratings, but too bad, so sad. I'm sure that many are scripted, though.

Comment

I hate Jersey Shore, and all of the idiots on it. It's mean, but I wish they'd all just get alcohol poisoning and end up braindead, or get sent to prison. That's the only way we'll ever be free of them.

Some people say that they just enjoy how stupid everyone on the show is, and it's relaxing to watch other people in that kind of negative light, but as someone who has personally experienced being around people who do nothing more than drink heavily and enjoy fighting and starting fights, it's NOT cool or funny. And they are all retarded. Yes, I went there. RETARDED. They don't deserve any fame or attention for being brawly alcoholics with overdone hair, makeup, tans and super short skirts. And one particular little troll who needs to wear clothes more appropriate for her stumpy little body.

I mean, from what I gather, every episode is the same. Drink, fight. Drink, fight. Break stuff. Drink, fight. Break more stuff. Break up. Get back together. Drink. Fight. Break up. Break more stuff. Drink more. Fight more.

And Glee. I hate Glee.

Comment

Originally posted by blas87 View Post
                        It's mean, but I wish they'd all just get alcohol poisoning and end up braindead,
                        I thought that had already happened?

Rapscallion
                        Proud to be a W.A.N.K.E.R. - Womanless And No Kids - Exciting Rubbing!
                        Reclaiming words is fun!

Comment

Ugh, Nancy Grace is a Ghoul Harpy. She's going to get herself sued.

Ditto for reality TV, with the exception of the handful of shows with an ounce of integrity like Top Chef. Especially any reality show produced by Fox. Whose sole purpose seems to be taking engaging UK shows and churning out overtly dramatic US versions that lost the entire point of the original. ( IE Kitchen Nightmares US. Aka "Restaurant? What restaurant? <INSERT FAMILY DRAMA> ).

Though its nice of Fox to use the exact same emotional cue sound effects across all of their reality TV series. So audiences know exactly how to feel about any given scene. =p

Comment

I dislike a lot of reality tv (though not all..I like some of the dancing shows, bar rescue, and a handful of others). Also some of the so called cartoons like Regular Show, Flapjack, Adventure time..ok that list would be very long..

Well ok, I don't think I hate any shows. That implies a strong emotion, where I am just MEH about them.

Comment

Some of the shows you may be familiar with, some you may not.

One overall theme I hate though is how because a show does so well in one country, say, Australia, they feel the need to do it overseas. The Office seemed to work, but now EVERYONE's doing it. Kath and Kim, The IT Crowd...ugh, give me the originals of those any day. (ditto for The Iron Chef) Anyway, here's my list of hated shows:

-Big Brother, Australia's Next Top Model, America's Next Top Model: Repetitive, bitchy and to quote Chef Ramsay "Crap on top of crap on top of crap". Probably the only saving grace of the Australian Big Brother was Friday Night Live. (basically they put the contestants up against each other in a series of games with the winner receiving priveliages in some form i.e. the ability to change nominations, a mystery prize, a special room for themselves etc.) I have no words for the two ANTM's.

-CSI and its spinoffs: It looks way too damn artificial, it's nowhere near realistic and to me, it screams "cheap Law and Order". On that note, while I prefer NCIS for at least ATTEMPTING to break the mold of a cop show, it's still a crime drama.

-Home And Away (aussie soap): It really seems to be morphing into an Australian version of something like The OC or similar. On top of that, every week there seems to be a flood, someone gets mugged/robbed/beaten/raped etc., someone falls pregnant etc.

-Degrassi: I think after around the 7th or so season, it's just starting to fall apart. It's gone from a show dealing with real-life issues, to something that's just getting a bit stale. (Although kudos for showing an FTM transgender teenager-this is like the more recent seasons)

-RBT, Motorway Patrol, highway patrol: All pretty much the same thing. And what is fascinating about 30 or so minutes of pulling over drunk people? (on that note, we're also getting COPS over here, which tbh, isn't really THAT fascinating)

-The Footy Show: I could understand this if it was done on the night AND on the channel where AFL was actually being played. Instead, it is on Channel 9, at 9:30 and is filled with nothing but crap.

Comment

Working...
                              X