Pants to be darkened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pants to be darkened

And no that's not a gravekeepers reference.

Last night I watched the linkara/filmbrain/nash magfest review of the Wonder Woman Pilot.

What a cluster fuck that was.
    Basically the world knows who WW is outside of her superhero persona (she even has a 3rd so she can be 'herself') she makes libelous/slanderous comments (I always get those mixed up) on a live press confereance (as her CEO persona), actually threatens to kill the woman she called out when she pays her a visit.

Hell, the woman even says to WW that she has video evidence of her murdering her way through the compound.
    And the heavies are given a pep talk about the legal definition of when to use lethal force.

huh. i heard that had been cancelled. looks like it went straight-to-tv instead.
    although DC tends to end up with reeeally bad movies. lol.
    looke like there is talks of making a proper film around 2015 but its probably just rumors.
    All uses of You, You're, and etc are generic unless specified otherwise.

Comment

I'd never even heard of this.

Comment

Oh dear goddess. People actually spent money on this. And why did they cast what looks like a high school cheerleader as wonder woman? I haven't seen casting this bad since Pierce Brosnan teamed up with Valley Girl Russian Physicist.

Comment

I sort of hate myself for getting the title's reference. XD

This pilot was just bad; and you know what the part about all of this was? How the %*#@ can I get a job as a writer in Hollywood if these blokes can!?
          "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

If this was some trashcan copy to keep the rights to the show without making the show, I could understand (like the 94 Fantastic Four) but WB own DC comics, it's not as if they would really let someone else take the broadcast rights to their property.

If it was though, it would explain alot and I would asume it was meant to be buried right next door to all those ET 2600 cartridges.

Comment

I don't think my jaw has recovered from hitting the floor so often. Ow...
              I has a blog!

Comment

This was done in conjunction with the reworking that DC was doing on WW last fall, but the test audiences pretty much universally hated the show.
                Not close enough to cannon for the comic books fans, not original enough for the average watcher, and apparently just poorly written all around, so it died a thankfully quick death

Comment

Working...
                X