Dear every animator ever...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dear every animator ever...

Udders are cow boobs. They contain mammary glands. Stop drawing bulls with udders, dammit. Thank you.

Whoah whoah, what movie has a bull with udders? That's such an unbelievable anatomy fail I can't fathom it ever occurring - not from a professional studio, anyway.

Comment

The movie Barnyard and the TV series that followed it, for example. Apparently, it was written in as an attempted gag that the bulls would have udders. That they don't have horns doesn't bother me *as* much, but c'mon! Especially because the male udders are bigger than the female ones.

Comment

Originally posted by firecat88 View Post
        The movie Barnyard and the TV series that followed it, for example. Apparently, it was written in as an attempted gag that the bulls would have udders. That they don't have horns doesn't bother me *as* much, but c'mon! Especially because the male udders are bigger than the female ones.
        The cow version of man boobs?

Comment

Originally posted by fireheart17 View Post

Except that it has happened on the show that milk projectile sprays from the 'male cow's udder. XD

Comment

Was the character in question named Raps Cow-lion?

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUtSazFb5qM

Comment

Gender confused cows, I've always hated that biology fail.

Nigh on every male Bovine I've seen has udders, or it's a cow with a male voice actor cast as someone fucked up the character design.

Cow and Chicken, cow was a 'man' iir, only saw a few episodes, the one that sticks in my mind was when Cow went back to his home farm.
                Minding his own business then he gets a milking machine plugged onto him.
                Cue cumface and stars in his eyes and a tearfull goodbye to the machine when he has to leave.

Yep you've just shown a Bull get a roboblowjob on nicolodian, mind you I always thought Ren and Stimpy were more for the mature audience and some clips of spongebob always seemed to be that way too.

Not in a "You have taken your kids to the cinema to see this kids cartoon, here is a joke you will get that they wont." kind of way either.

Maybe its a subliminal way of getting the youth of the day OK with the idea of gender identity not being governed by whats between your legs?

Comment

Yeah; that always annoys me. Cows also have horns, y'know; they're not exclusively a male only item.
                  "Oh wow, I can't believe how stupid I used to be and you still are."

Comment

I have never seen that. Although I have never heard of that show either.

What bothers me about animation is how most animators make horses' legs move. It looks really stiff and awkward, I guess horses must be hard to animate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
                      haracter design.

Cow and Chicken, cow was a 'man' iir, only saw a few episodes, the one that sticks in my mind was when Cow went back to his home farm.
                      Minding his own business then he gets a milking machine plugged onto him.
                      Cue cumface and stars in his eyes and a tearfull goodbye to the machine when he has to leave.
                      She was a cow. She was referred to as his sister, used woman´s bathroom and so on.
                      Last edited by SkullKing; 01-25-2012, 08:00 PM.

Comment

Except that it has happened on the show that milk projectile sprays from the 'male cow's udder. XD
                        Actually it's rare, but it has been heard of, that human men can lactate.

Comment

The movie Barnyard and the TV series that followed it, for example. Apparently, it was written in as an attempted gag that the bulls would have udders.
                          How...how is that a joke? "Oh, you know what'll be funny? Let's put cow tits on the bulls!"

News flash, animators: Most kids don't grow up on farms and therefore don't know that male cows don't have udders. I mean, look at the pictures of cows most kids will probably see - female cows in dairy farms. So having it be a "gag" falls completely flat - kids aren't going to notice that it's an inconsistency, because when kids think of cows, they see an animal with udders.

Comment

Actually it's rare, but it has been heard of, that human men can lactate.
                            Male cattle, though? Upon which udders are non-existent?

Comment

Originally posted by SkullKing View Post
                              She was a cow. She was referred to as his sister, used woman´s bathroom and so on.
                              It's a bit confusing because Cow, Chicken and The Red Guy were all voiced by Charles Adler, and he used a voice similar to Cow as Spike the Dragon in My Little Pony. But yes, they at least made Cow a girl in that show.

I haven't ever been able to watch any of the Barnyard stuff. My only understanding of farms comes from Harvest Moon 64 and I STILL know better than to do that.
                              "So, my little Zillians... Have your fun, as long as I let you have fun... but don't forget who is the boss!"
                              We are contented, because he says we are
                              He really meant it when he says we've come so far

Comment

Working...
                              X