It's ironic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's ironic

Okay I can relate to the whole Indie thing I love small independent movies, bands etc. I like mainstream stuff too so meh. But the one part of being an "Indie" kid I don't get is the ironic aspect.

This as explained to me is wearing or promoting something you don't actually like.

For this example we have a friend who hated The Phantom Menace thought it was a horrible movie and in no way enjoyed it. She went to see it in 3D.

Okay so I can kind of see that maybe seeing if 3D might make it better in your eyes it's a stretch but okay.

But when you find, "Wow okay that sucked" and obviously being 3D didn't change the movie in anyway for you.

Why then are you going to throw your money away on the next two if you freaking hate them? It's really not cool and we aren't impressed with your sense of irony.
    Jack Faire
    Friend
    Father
    Smartass

That's not ironic.

Che Guevara t-shirts are ironic (even if a good number of the people who buy them don't actually get it).

Going out to see a movie you already know you don't like is either stupid, or you lied about not liking it because you thought that was the "cool kid" stance.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Che Guevara is another one I don't get....He's a murderer too. But I guess since he's a left wing murderer, that's okay, right?

but yeah, if you didn't like Phantom Menace in 2D, what makes you think it's going to be better in 3D.

Comment

Some people enjoy the very awfulness of certain things. I don't see how Phantom Menace would be one of them, but to each his own.
        "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by mikoyan29 View Post
          Che Guevara is another one I don't get....He's a murderer too. But I guess since he's a left wing murderer, that's okay, right?
          Well, the shirts are ironic because you probably bought it at a major corporation, something Guevera would have absolutely despised.

One time I saw a guy in a hammer-and-sickle T-shirt reading The Boston Herald (right wing local paper).

I couldn't figure out which one he was doing ironically...
          "Nam castum esse decet pium poetam
          ipsum, versiculos nihil necessest"

Comment

Reading a news source that leans a different way than you do doesn't have to be ironic. It can be informative. Surely the Boston Herald covers real news... and if you generally disagree with its opinions, that's no reason not to see what they are.
            "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Working...
            X