No announcement yet.

Sliding Timelines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's really yours, you can do whatever you want.

These are comic strips, not books, but I'm thinking of the three Bill Holbrook strips. Kevin & Kell was frozen for a long while, then began aging the characters, not at set points, but once in a while. On the Fastrack just re-locked to keep Rose from reaching retirement age, while the Safe Havens cast has been aging by the real calendar since preschool.
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

Originally posted by Bloodsoul View Post
      If I ever get off my lazy ass and produce a comic (ha!), I want my characters to age.
      Take a page from TV shows. Something people forget is that we aren't seeing every single day in a characters lives. We are seeing snap shots in live action TV that translates to aging. A season is a year of life for the characters even though we are talking like 20 episodes or so.

An episode can include a few hours or a few days. Just include the milestones. major holidays for one and watch your story arcs. Have the story arc that carries over the "season" but smaller ones that tie in time.
      Jack Faire
      Friend
      Father
      Smartass

Comment

Or...do it like a soap opera.

One day the kid's 2..the next he's 15, everyone else is the same age they were the day before, and no one bats an eye.

Comment

or he goes up to bed one night and no one sees him for years and he comes down from what might have been a coma

Comment

Well it actually shouldn't be too hard to focus on one specific moment or two for each story arc; after all, not every day is going to be fantastic and exciting! Well, unless you're a superhero.
            "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Tea View Post
              or he goes up to bed one night and no one sees him for years and he comes down from what might have been a coma
              Or was put in a time out so long her whole face changed and she stops going by Weasel.
              Jack Faire
              Friend
              Father
              Smartass

Comment

Working...
              X