Adult Swim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adult Swim

Lately, any night but Friday night (well, I don't watch Saturday nights because I don't like anime), I'm really not too happy with Adult Swim anymore.

It used to be hours and hours of Family Guy, Robot Chicken, American Dad, King of the Hill, Aqua Teen, Squidbillies, etc etc etc.

Now, it's an hour or so of Family Guy, maybe an episode or two of Robot Chicken....and then......these stupid shows that are NOT cartoons.

It's Cartoon Network. And yet, Sun-Thurs nights, for a few hours, they play these idiot shows that I have no idea the point of, that are not cartoons.

Just as bad as MTV giving up the "music" part.

Every specialty channel does it to some extent... and yes, it's annoying.

Other than not being cartoons, do the shows at least fit with the other Adult Swim content in a way that makes sense?
    "My in-laws are country people and at night you can hear their distinctive howl."

Comment

I thought the "live action" shows were mostly shown on Sunday nights after Robot Chicken.

The only night I really watch Adult Swim is Sat night when Bleach, FMA:Brotherhood, Kekishi, Durara, and Ghost in the Shell (and maybe I will stay up for Inuyasha) are played. They used to play a lot more different anime shows that I almost got interested in but they stopped showing them.

Most of the time when I get home from work (around 2am) all they are showing is King of the Hill
      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

There is some show with John C Reily in it, at least it looks like him? I have no idea what it is, if it's live action or what it is. There was that ridiculous show that had a bunch of letters in it, a mockery of all the crime drama shows, and then there got to be more and more.

It's irritating for anyone who wants to be watching their favorite cartoons late at night.

Comment

I've just stopped watching them altogether. I've seen every king of the hill, robot chicken isn't funny to me anymore. And I hate hate hate the dislocated or hospital shows. Give me a good night of anime anytime. They helped me find several I wouldn't have else looked at.

Comment

Do you have Netflix? They have most of the stuff shown on Adult Swim, except they don't have all of FMA: Brotherhood, any Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo just got taken down. *hmph*

Comment

I'm going to be getting Netflix next month when I move back home. I have a feeling if I'm not at the park with the dog, at the gym, working, or with my boyfriend, I will not be leaving my room much.

Which will be so odd, because at my place here, the only time I spend in my bedroom is getting dressed and ready (save for doing my makeup in the bathroom).

Comment

Originally posted by AdminAssistant View Post
                Do you have Netflix? They have most of the stuff shown on Adult Swim, except they don't have all of FMA: Brotherhood, any Cowboy Bebop, and Samurai Champloo just got taken down. *hmph*
                If you want to watch ALL of FMA or FMA:Brotherhood go to FUnimation's YouTube Channel. they have both in English sub also Hullu has all of FMA Brotherhood

I wish Adult Swim WOULD put back on some decent anime again on Saturdays nights instead of some of the lame homegrown shows (both animated and live) they have been putting on lately

Comment

One of my coworkers has a theory that, since most "normal" people are sleeping for work in the middle of the night during the week, that would explain why it's getting so sucky Sun-Thurs nights. Maybe they just assume everyone is out and about on Saturday nights and not watching?

Comment

But that doesn't explain why they used to have awesome programming before.

Comment

Originally posted by Aethian View Post
                      But that doesn't explain why they used to have awesome programming before.
                      THIS ^^^^ . they used to have decent programs on Fri, Sat. AND Sun late nights up until about 12 or 18 months ago. anime like Deathnote or Blood (not sure of the name but had to do with vampires)

Yeah and for an April Fool's JOKE they took off ALL of the shows but Bleach and put on (Toonamnie) some really weird/lame ones INCLUDING a couple of younger Dragon BallZ shows BUT never showed the episodes that were supposed to shown that night (even had the "normal" schedule ontheir website). thanks whatever for the internet as I was able to watch the shows that were missed.

Comment

Working...
                      X