Here Comes Honey Honey Boo Boo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here Comes Honey Honey Boo Boo

I am sick of seeing this trash during every commercial break. For those who are lucky enough to have never seen the commercial, there is going to be a TV show about a redneck, white trash family. They will reinforce every possible stereotype about rednecks you could imagine. And I get this all from the commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEX-MzTczH8

I mean, I have some friends that are rednecks and I understand they aren't all like this. But damn, this family is trash.
    Last edited by Greenday; 08-07-2012, 03:36 PM.
    Violence has resolved more conflicts than anything else. The contrary opinion that violence doesn't solve anything is merely wishful thinking at its worst. - Starship Troopers

Ugh, awesome. More "educational" programming from The "Learning" Channel. But where are they going to fit it with the 8 hours of Toddlers and Tiaras and 6 hours of I Didn't Know I was Pregnant programming they already have?

Comment

*twitch* My grandmother watches Toddlers and Tiaras. And when I first saw Honey Boo Boo, and her mother, I wanted to slap everyone involved, including the freaking child.

That they are getting their own spin off show kills a little piece of my soul.

Comment

I used to laugh over that clip on youtube...now it only makes me cry.

Comment

Oh look, yet another show that Andara and I will completely ignore, just like Jersey Shore.

Comment

I don't care how people live as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else. But I don't understand why everyone seems to want cameras in their homes broadcasting all their private stuff 24/7. You couldn't pay me enough money to let a crew come in and encourage my family to start shit for 'dramatic purposes' then stick lenses in our faces. It can't be a healthy experience for a kid to grow up with.

I'm just not that interested in other people either. I suppose that makes me a bad person but if I don't know you personally, I just don't care that much.

Comment

Couldn't they just bring back "Heil Honey, I'm Home!," or would that not be low-brow enough?
              "I take it your health insurance doesn't cover acts of pussy."

Comment

I saw the promos for that show a couple of weeks ago and though

WTF?????

Why are they making an extended and up close and personal show about some 5 year old toddler pagent girl.

the current Tlddlers and Tiaras was puke inducing enough. I managed to watch 5 minutes one night when I was EXTREAMLY bored. my brain went numb, brain cells were rushing to my ears and pleading for releif, my stomach acid level went throught the roof and my wierd-shit-o-meter went to 11.

One commentor on YouTube said this (and I totally agree ):
                I am scared how fast people are turning into Idiocracy
                Last edited by Racket_Man; 08-06-2012, 05:54 AM.
                I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

Oh ffs... Seriously?

I like some reality shows, I'll admit. But I just can't get into the ones that actually invade someone's home and film them constantly, edit it together how they want it to be, and call it "real". I'll stick with my Top Chef and Project Runway, thankyouverymuch. And I watch them online. Even before moving away, my husband and I didn't have cable for a couple of years and it was glorious. I watched a few shows online, and we had Netflix. Never missed cable at all.

Comment

"All right, so we have a 5 year old that talks like a ghetto hooker, we have a mother with compulsive shopping issues, and a fmaily of total ignorant dipshits. RATINGS. GOLD."
                    sigh.....

Comment

Originally posted by Silverharp View Post
                      "All right, so we have a 5 year old that talks like a ghetto hooker, we have a mother with compulsive shopping issues, and a fmaily of total ignorant dipshits. RATINGS. GOLD."
                      sigh.....
                      Sadly that is TV reality in this day and age.

one more reason that I am veering away from channels like History, TLC, Discovery, HGTV, VH1, MTV, Animal Planet,broadcast networks and SyFy. Cheap "reality" shows not even close to the "core" defination of the channel (or what it used to be)

As Bruce Springstein said "57 channels and nothin on"
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAlDbP4tdqc
                      I'm lost without a paddle and I'm headed up sh*t creek.

I got one foot on a banana peel and the other in the Twilight Zone.
                      The Fools - Life Sucks Then You Die

Comment

You think Jersey Shore is bad? Try The Shire. It's Australia's answer to Jersey Shore!

>.>

Comment

I do watch some reality shows. Things like Storage Hunters, Gold Rush, Auction Hunters, and similar. Also dance...like the dance shows. Everything else..no thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytical View Post
                            I do watch some reality shows. Things like Storage Hunters, Gold Rush, Auction Hunters, and similar. Also dance...like the dance shows. Everything else..no thanks.
                            There indeed are a lot of "good" reality shows. Reality shows about house buying, some cooking competition shows, and the like usually stay on topic and the contestants are usually there solely to compete or do what the show says on the tin and aren't just there for their 15 minutes of fame.

Comment

Ugh..I couldn't even watch the whole interview video on CNN.com. Is it just me or are the majority of the moms on Toddlers and Tiaras fat and ugly and push their daughters to live vicariously through them for their low self-esteem in those pageants?!! This Honey Boo Boo show looks like one big train wreck waiting to happen.
                              There are no stupid questions, just stupid people...

Comment

Working...
                              X