No announcement yet.

Is it a bad message?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this case, the designer is delusional, thinking that tight knitwear will look good no matter your body type.

It's a great idea with astonishingly bad execution.

Now, if it was a designer with a more flowing, curve-accentuating instead of curve-hugging line, it would work a lot better.

^-.-^
    Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

This is a quote by Tina Fey about body image. I thought it worked well for this conversation.

TLC's Big Sexy was a show about Plus sized models and even it included this scene where one of the models, Tiffany, going to see her agent only to have the agent tell her that she is getting too big to be a plus sized model.

In response to the comment about not having the body type to gain significant weight, that's not really true. Even small framed people can gain a lot of weight to the point of obvious morbid obesity. The effects of the weight on the skeletal system are much worse than with a normal framed or large framed person, but they can still gain significant weight.

Now I know that for myself, as a large framed person, that if I lost the 80-100 lbs I should lose for a healthy weight I'd probably still be a size 10.

Comment

Working...
      X